PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Fournette back to Tampa.

GM Brady > GM Bill? ;)

Pretty much everyone on the main board says it was too much money for NE. But Tampa some how beat us on this deal?

Last edited:
That’s a big chunk of change for a RB not gonna lie.

Not on this move. RB wasn't a need for us
I'm not sure we're as set at RB as we think tbh. Both Harris and Stevenson disappeared in the playoff game. Take away a 14 yard run by Harris and he has 2 yards per carry. That was supposed to be the strength of this team while Mac develops. Harris also tends to get banged up.

If an upgrade opportunity shows up I think we should consider it.

Bucs GM Brady probably reached a deal with Fournette 2 days ago but took out his petty cash box and told him he could go for a little vacay in Foxborough and maybe even clog a few toilets at Patriots place before he put ink to paper.

Bucs honestly had not finished the deal when news came out. They’ve agreed to the overall terms, but still working out the details.

Haven't seen the contract structure to know what Fournette's initial cap number is for 2022. Bucs had about $14 million in cap space before this, and this will only be a small portion of that.

Lots of good vets on the market like wagner and gilmore. I wonder if Gilmore is trying to get a 3 year deal or something silly like that because there has to be a contender willing to go 1 year 10mil with some cap manipulations if needed.

Ex-Pats in Tampa:

Tom Brady
Gronk
Shaq Mason
Logan Ryan

Who's next?

Gilly?
Jules?
Danny?
Edelman and Amendola could be good depth at near league minimum. Gilmour could be had at a discount due to age and injury.

That’s a big chunk of change for a RB not gonna lie.
A premium is being paid for the certainty of a RB that has chemistry and is a big time player with Brady.

They probably could have got someone like Sony Michel for half the cost, but there is the unknown of whether he can become a more reliable pass catcher. Bucs don't want to take that chance.

Edelman and Amendola could be good depth at near league minimum. Gilmour could be had at a discount due to age and injury.

Edelman’s knee is toast. They’d need to trade for Amendola which would probably be easy but he’s old as hell.

So did Bill low ball Fournette? I am guessing hard yes.

Well either way Amendola is very old.
He can still produce (3 TD + 63 catch %) and that was w/ HOU.

SmartSelect_20220322-130651_Firefox.jpg

As depth he's better than Johnson, Grayson, Scotty in the event of an injury.

Is he? Got to think Brady is recruiting him hard.

Unless Amendola's looking to sign a minimum salary deal, it doesn't make any sense for the Bucs to bring him in. Hell, it doesn't make much sense to bring him in even on a minimum deal.

Unless Amendola's looking to sign a minimum salary deal, it doesn't make any sense for the Bucs to bring him in. Hell, it doesn't make much sense to bring him in even on a minimum deal.
why?

Who are you going to cut in Sept for him? Miller? I can see them bringing him in if he's available at the trade deadline and they sustained an injury but they have the top 3 WRs set in stone.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back