PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

I was thrilled by this year's Pats draft. It may be one of their best ever.

1 - They didn't draft any guys with initials as their first name.
2 - Also no guys with first and last names that you could reverse. Tyquan Thornton is close though.
3 - No players with apostrophe's in their name.
4 - Let's see. I know there was another pet peeve of mine. Oh yeah. No Billy Jacks or Bobby Joes. You get one first name, not two.
Cousin,
10 Drafted . So in 36 month fair evaluation, perhaps two starters and one backup. 20% success rate optimistically. Last time I know .200 hitters were sent to the minors.

And as for this crapola about "We Drafted players that fit our profile".....O.K. if that is true why do you buy Free Agents that other Teams' Drafted and you then poached? It's called malarkey.

They used the old "Dart Board" method this year.

So let me get this straight. We traded our best Guard who had Pro Bowl talent for a day three pick so we could go for a rookie Guard...... so we used that 1st round slot's currency to then not take a player we could have used like a CB? But...... we might have gotten said Guard or at least close in the third day (oh yeah, we did get one) Then we Drafted Chad Jackson only skinnier........ once again because maybe the Fans would not remember, in that same Round 2?.

DW Toys

Cousin,
10 Drafted . So in 36 month fair evaluation, perhaps two starters and one backup. 20% success rate optimistically. Last time I know .200 hitters were sent to the minors.

And as for this crapola about "We Drafted players that fit our profile".....O.K. if that is true why do you buy Free Agents that other Teams' Drafted and you then poached? It's called malarkey.

So let me get this straight. We traded our best Guard who had Pro Bowl talent for a day three pick so we could go for a rookie Guard...... so we used that 1st round slot's currency to then not take a player we could have used like a CB? But...... we might have gotten said Guard or at least close in the third day (oh yeah, we did get one) Then we Drafted Chad Jackson only skinnier........ once again because maybe the Fans would not remember, in that same Round 2?.

DW Toys

You you can see the future? Cool talent, Cousin. Sucks, though, that they will only get two starters and one backup but better for us to all know that now, amirite?

It’s so crazy that Thornton and Jackson have the exact same work ethic, competitiveness, toughness and football intelligence. What are the chances? It’s also amazing that you know both guys so intimately that you can make that judgement. Another innate talent of yours?

Given all of your powers, you must know the probability is that a team will find a starter or even a solid backup on day 3. That seems kind of important when assessing the “two starters, one backup” outcome that you have foreseen.

Finally, can you use your powers to check on a Bitcoin’s value one year from now?

Cousin,

DW Toys

Back-up QB cheap for 4 years...CHECK
Starting Left Guard, perhaps eventually becoming a Left Tackle...CHECK
Swiss army knife returner with an attitude...CHECK

I'll hold judgment on the JC mini-me (Jack Jones) and the poor man's Moss (Thornton), and any pick beyond Round 3 is a total crap shoot.

If you want better than 2 out of 10, you have better have higher draft capital than they spent this year.

Could've had Salyer at 183 instead of Yet Another ****ing RB;

Could've had either McCollum or Woolen instead of the small punk JackOff Jones;

Could've had Shakir instead of the small, Practice Squad-caliber QB;

And we could've had the Beaver if Notgoat had kept 158 like any other human being on Earth would've done.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back