PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

Unless you are putting 1 or both of these backs on IR we aren’t going to have 6 backs on the active roster.

So Harris, Stevenson, White, Bolden, JJ Taylor, Strong and Harris.

That’s 7 backs so I would say that Harris is on the trade block.
JJ Taylor is on the outside looking in.
James whites spot is going to not be guaranteed as well.
Bolden isn’t on the Patriots.
JJ Taylor is clearly gone now.
We are not using a FB this year.
Harris
Stevenson
White
Strong
Harris

That’s 5 IF White is ok, and if the 6th rounder makes the roster. If the 6th rounder doesn’t, he goes to practice squad and is a candidate for a 2023 roster spot where Stevenson and Strong are the only other RBs on the roster.

Harris isn’t on the trade block.

Probably i am in minority but i was happy after last year draft
This year not so much
Hoping naturally to be wrong...

Could see Harris traded and Taylor traded or cut based on these picks.
Not a chance Harris gets traded. He would’ve easily had 1,000 yards rushing had he not missed those two games. Ran for 15 TD’s.

Ya, I hear ya, but after the drubbing we took in Buffalo we could all se some major holes needed to filled and upgraded. Instead we seem to have created other holes (traded S. Mason and potentially moving on from D. Harris) and are plugging these that we have created (or will be creating). Josh Allen was running for 10 yds at will against us. We need athleticism and speed at LB and D-Line which hasn't bee addressed. Interesting draft for sure.
It's kind of frustrating to have to keep pointing this out to people who supposedly follow the team, but McMillan (hurt in camp last year), Wilson (just acquired for Wino), McGrone (drafted last year knowing he would miss the season), and Peppers (just acquired...a safety who plays in the box at LB more often than not) can all fly. As can Shawn Wade and Marcus Jones and Jonathan Jones, who is coming back.

Not a chance Harris gets traded. He would’ve easily had 1,000 yards rushing had he not missed those two games. Ran for 15 TD’s.
THis is what I said about Sony Michel, who was just under 1000 yards twice in three years, last year.

I'm actually kinda glad we're not digging too much for LBs. We got plenty of young talent at the moment there. Let them play and make a name for themselves

I will miss Belichick when he retires as a coach, but I sure won’t miss him picking the groceries

We're going trick our Opponents and the Referees with double names great master plan right there.

Don't we always carry 5 RBs? Harris, Stevenson, White, Strong, Harris seems a good group and provides insurance if Harris leaves next year. Taylor won't make the team.

Last year we had Harris, Stevenson, White, Bolden and Taylor.

However this turns out - and this is not a criticism or a complaint - it's pretty obvious now that last year's drafting philosophy was as big an anomaly as last year's FA splurge.

I truly am wondering if Kraft is fuming right now, because, given his comments, he looks kind of silly. This year is pure, old-school, IDGAF about analysts BB.
I doubt Kraft feels the way about the draft that you think. He seemed more than okay giving Strange a call in the 1st.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back