PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

This music sucks.

I thought Barno was a top LB prospect ….I wonder why he keeps falling ….

And then there was one now that Phillips is gone. Bo Melton your table is ready.

How many RBs in the NFL run better than 4.37 40?
Damn - only 7 RBs in the history of the (current version of the) combine (since 2006). Last one was 6 years ago. I was expecting more, but that necessary bulk to survive makes a big difference.

Gonna go ahead and bet that Jones leads the team in INTs this year.

I don't mind the attempt in the 2nd to get a fast WR - every WR is a gamble. I don't mind going after 2 CB's, because we're going to need more talent there... but getting a very average RB and a non-athletic JAG QB in the 4th is INSANE! It felt like one of these purposeful wasted drafts going into it, and BB hasn't disappointed. He's just throwing at the dartboard and trying to piss everyone off and stroke his ego of "I don't need the draft, I'm brilliant". So dumb. You could be taking stabs at OT's or EDGE guys, or DT's or more WR's even.... but QB in the 4th???
So you want to spend every resource on long shots at other positions but invest nothing in who plays if your Qb gets injured?

BGC is our resident Draft guru and has spent a ton of time reviewing tape. Here's how BGC (rated) the picks before the draft:

RD 1 - Cole Strange, G (3rd)
RD 2 - Tyquan Thornton, WR (4th)
RD 3 - Marcus Jones, CB (3rd)
RD 4 - Jack Jones, CB (5th)
RD 4 - Pierre Strong, RB (3rd)
RD 4 - Bailey Zappe, QB (3rd)

I’m hoping the Pats take a flyer on Damone Clark next round. Another McGrone, as a redshirt season, without the football activities. Huge medical issue but I hope he recovers and plays. He loves him some football.

My late round/udfa PTP tackle McKethan gone in 5th..
doubt any draftnick had him in their top 300s : )

And Baltimore absolutely killing this ****ing draft. Very impressive

Based only on "expert" opinions, which many other teams disagree with, which is why these players fell to the Ravens.
Their draft could have been done by a handful of drunk guys at a downtown bar. We'll know in 3-4 years.

I hope we are able to get some picks for 2023 for Harry, agholor and stidham.

Ths draft this year looks a bit confusing. Leave apart the cornerbacks , the other picks including strange & thornton appear towards building for future and stability. So might not be on par with the 2022 rookie performers like what we saw with Mac , rham and barmore. Developmental time should be more.

If Thornton and strange develop to starters this year , I guess we could consider this to be another good draft. If they flatter to deceive then we possibly have replicated the 2019 draft. I hope not, but too many reaches this year and steering off safe selections unlike 2021 which was a home run.

Let's see how it pans out. For now chiefs have killed it along with ravens .

Hoping Kellen Diesch, John Ridgeway are in the PATs plans. Couple more linemen would help.

Quite a few interesting guys left, especially on the offensive line.

Christopher Allen/Jesse Luketa
Malcom Rodriguez
John Ridgeway
Diesch/Walker/Salyer/Hayes/Poe/Lindstrom

Ryan Leaf vs JC Jackson. Robert Gallery vs Stephen Neal.

The longer you’re a fan, the more you understand the crapshoot that is the draft. It’s stunning how “off” experts & GMs can be. Ultimately, it’s tough to evaluate heart & health.

This draft has certainly been strange…but also strong in certain areas of need. Can’t lie..I’m jonesing to see the product on the field..

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back