PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean’s pec injury sounds like Hightower in 2017. It ruined his free agency market, and rightfully so because he then fully tore it and missed the remainder of the season.

We all have emotions, some of us just don’t just let them turn us into whiny *****es.
Let me ask you this.
Does your crying and griping do anything?
The player is going to be the player and do what he does whether you like, hate or are indifferent.
Wouldn’t you be a happier person if you recognized there are intelligent people making these decisions who have a lot more data and knowledge than you, and tried to understand what they see? Rather than just go off the rails?
You are complaining about your own prediction. Let it play out, be an optimist.
1. Does my crying and griping do anything? Yes. It makes me feel better
2. There are a lot of people a lot smarter than me. I just wish they were involved in the patriots draft process,
3. I am an optimist. But I am also a realist…and somewhat smart. I know what I see. I have opinions. And this website allows me to share my opinions . So I say what I feel

most kick offs are touchbacks
so 61%

Buffalo, interestingly, 56%.

How many punt returns are touchbacks?

Before we start down that path, is it impossible for a returner to return punts (or kickoffs) in the pros if he did not in college?

I'll guarantee you he does if he doesn't otherwise earn a spot. Not great if that's the only way he can hang around, but it's one way to pay dues in NE, and for the team its a way to make use of you if you don't immediately "catch on."

This dude looks super fast, nice cuts and good hands - what's not to like?

Lol i
Agree with your first point. The second part of what you’re saying…go check out why tyreke fell and where anquan was picked
Yeah, your correct , Boldin was just a slow guy in the 2nd or 3rd that was lauded as a bad pick by some.

1. Does my crying and griping do anything? Yes. It makes me feel better
2. There are a lot of people a lot smarter than me. I just wish they were involved in the patriots draft process,
3. I am an optimist. But I am also a realist…and somewhat smart. I know what I see. I have opinions. And this website allows me to share my opinions . So I say what I feel
Nothing says how smart someone is as much as them declaring themselves smart.

Cook is going to be a great back, great coming out of the backfield. They might put up 100 points on the Pats next year.

Saw Cook's highlights and liked him a lot.

Ughh. James Cook to the Bills who will give them a good throwing option out of the backfield. We better get a fast LB to cover him.

Ugh, not looking forward to Cook battering the Pats porous front

As someone who's spent the last few months meticulously analyzing WR speeds, I'm absof*ckinglutely shocked. My wife asked me if the pick is good or bad, and I said, I don't know. This is going to take a while for me to process. Even my Al Davis eyes thought this guy wasn't on their radar.

Just to put this in perspective, I believe he has the 2nd fastest 10yd split of all time (1.41) 2nd only to Chris Johnson, but there's a lot of other stuff to talk about - good and bad, though I believe he does have the fastest HS 100m/200m in the draft (10.50/21.07 - not earth shattering but done as a junior in HS).

Holy sh*t. I wish they just took Bo Melton so I don't feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

Also, Bethel Johnson was not as fast as people thought he was - can't find a good 100m time (with anecdotal evidence that he wasn't that fast) and his splits were 1.55/2.60/4.42. 1.55 was Jakobi's 10yd split for crying out loud.

Funnily enough, someone had Thornton mocked to #29 and I thought they were nuts, although Al Davis disease is pretty easy to catch

In Troy I trust.
I hope this is the last time you put Jakcobi and T Thornton in the same sentence no comparison there tortoise and Hare.

So what are we thinking we will address with our next pick?

Ughh. James Cook to the Bills who will give them a good throwing option out of the backfield. We better get a fast LB to cover him.
Don’t worry the Pats drafted Cole Strange at 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand