PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickens would have been great…oh well. I don’t expect much from BB when it comes to WR.

With all those reaches I fully expect now that our 3rd round pick will be for the punter

Is agahlor gone?

Same type of WR no?

Why didn’t we take Alec Pierce BB!?

Guessing he makes Agholor tradeable, maybe?
I think Ahlgolong is on a 2 year deal, which would mean we've potentially got that opening to deal with either way.

You get that time for routes to develop with 2nd year improvement and a stable O-line, things might be interesting for the fast guys.

Is this pick a reach? Yes. But with Metchie gone, maybe BB felt the pressure to pick up a weapon for Mac Jones.

Thornton is blazing fast, ran an unofficial 4.21 20 and an official 4.28 40 at the combine. To run that fast at 6'3 is pretty crazy.

This looks like a swing for the fences gamble. We're going to have another conversation at the end of the year and see where all these 2nd round wide receivers ended up. If Thornton produces a Deion Branch type season, nobody's going to complain. But if he flops and the next guys who just went off the board, Pickens, Pierce, and Skyy Moore blow up, we're gonna need more facepalm emojis.

I'm not sure how to feel about this pick. There's upside for sure, but there's also a lot of risk compared to where other teams had Thornton evaluated.

Are we all going to claim someone was about to pounce on Thornton too to justify a massive reach?
I was critical of the reach last night, but he seems like the kind of receiver the Steelers would pick. Then in 2 years we would all complain about why we can’t draft receivers like the Steelers

LOL, I don't know if I'd kill Thornton just yet. Pats were due to finally hit on one and Mac won't destroy his confidence and berate him his rookie year, so he might actually turn out to be pretty good.

Might mean another WR on trading block besides Harry.
Agholor has a hard contract for both cutting or trading. Meyers iirc still hasnt sign the tender (fwiw)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes