PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you have WR as a 'more pressing need' than a Guard is hilarious and very telling.

I am way more comfortable with bill finding offensive line help I'm the 5th round than I am in him getting a legitimate wideout.

That's what it should tell you.

Agreed.

I have an issue with bill and the Patriots addressing interior guards as the first priority over much more pressing needs like WR/LB/DB
I quoted that because you said you didn’t criticize the player and you literally did.

I am surprised, I really do but Im trying to fathom this pick that way. Apparently guard for BB was a high priority. Pennington, Zion were not on the.board anymore so BB had thought there was a risk Strange would not be available with our next pick.
Future shows the real value of that pick.

I am way more comfortable with bill finding offensive line help I'm the 5th round than I am in him getting a legitimate wideout.

That's what it should tell you.
He already found the Wr, Parker.

See this is why this place goes off the rails.

No one is saying you have to applaud everything.

But when you give an opinion, it is normal for people to question the basis of that opinion.

No one is saying he is correct simply because he is Belichick, but everyone should be saying he is 1000 times more likely to be correct because he’s belichick than if he were Festy1986.

He clearly disagrees with you. So I would ask why.

I would assume the answer is that LG was the glaring hole going into the draft.
WR was already addressed with Parker.
DB was addressed with Butler and Peppers. (sure we still need corners but if I can get 1 sure starter im definitely replacing Ferentz rather than butler.)
LB has been addressed with McMillan, mcgrone, Jennings all returning from injury and Wilson added. At a position we play 1 or 2 guys a snap.

My issue is not questioning whether something else would have worked better, it’s declaring a bad decision before a snap has been played, when you have almost zero knowledge about the guy.

Say what you think. Say you don’t understand why this guy helps us more than Hill or whoever, then actually listen to other side. The hyperbole destroys this board and it’s demeaning to listen to people who honestly have no clue act as if they are geniuses who know more than the literal expert.

Hey I don’t know enough about these players to make a judgment on them. But i try to understand the thought process that went into it. Because I guarantee there was a strong, solid educated thought process (which could prove to be right or wrong) and this board gets polluted by people who pretend they know things they don’t, make up bs and claim things they gave no way of forming an informed opinion on.

Then they threw in “24 year old” as if it’s meaningful and cant really explain why it is.
Ok end of rant, I’ve explained why this **** is so frustrating.

The last 6 or 7 drafts is why I have an issue with taking a guard.

Your problem isn't with me. Have a good night.

He already found the Wr, Parker.

Wait. We think Parker solved our wide out issue? Parker is better than what we have but I think he's gonna struggle to even be a legitimate number 2.

I quoted that because you said you didn’t criticize the player and you literally did.

I can't criticize someone I've never even heard of.

Only the priority. Let's move on. Day 2.

I can't criticize someone I've never even heard of.

Only the priority. Let's move on. Day 2.
Then why would you say if they think he is the 29th best player you have an issue with that because you don’t believe it to be true?

Wait. We think Parker solved our wide out issue? Parker is better than what we have but I think he's gonna struggle to even be a legitimate number 2.
We are fine at WR. We were good enough at WR last year to be the 6th highest scoring offense in the league with a rookie QB, most of the receiving weapons being new to the team, over 40% of the snaps being played by new players while having OL issues for half the year.
We have added a receiver to that mix.

Then why would you say if they think he is the 29th best player you have an issue with that because you don’t believe it to be true?

If you're saying that because I don't know anything about him I can't make the assessment that he's not the 29th best player then yes. You are correct.

I just have a hard time believing that he would slip by my limited scope of what the best 32 players are.

This player could be great. He can even be great this season for all I know.

But I'd still rather take a linebacker or DB.

If you're saying that because I don't know anything about him I can't make the assessment that he's not the 29th best player then yes. You are correct.

I just have a hard time believing that he would slip by my limited scope of what the best 32 players are.

This player could be great. He can even be great this season for all I know.

But I'd still rather take a linebacker or DB.
Well football games are won in the trenches.
I’m sure we will still be adding lbs and/or dbs.
The ones we add may not be much lesser players than the ones we could have taken in round 1, and perhaps better fits for the system. The common argument has been there is little difference from 30 to 90 in this draft.

Physically, he's an exemplary prospect. I like that he's on the team. I just hope it's not at the expense of an impact player on defense, that's all.
This is an exemplary take. You must not have forgotten that in our last game in the playoffs last year Buffalo never had to punt the ball.

If bill thinks he's going to be able to go power and run his way toward a championship, those days are essentially dead.

My argument is that we could of got better value going defense than offensive line.

Obviously bill feels entirely different than I do on that.
Bill Parcells as coach of the 2022 Patriots would have agreed wholeheartedly with you. Remember we never stopped the Bills offense in the playoffs.

Seems Strange(geddit) to judge an 11 pick draft after 1 pick. Seems stranger that folks are surprised that we traded down in Rd1and drafted someone no was expecting, when people predict, EVRY SINGLE DRAFT, that we will trade down and pick someone no one ever heard of. Strange indeed.

Last year's draft and free agency felt like GM Belichick left the building and someone else took over. This year...GM Bill is back with a vengeance lol

After watching the post draft presser, a part of me thinks BB wants Kraft to fire him.
Ive been saying the same exact thing.

Pulling a George Costanza. Eating shrimp cqcktail wearing John Hannah's HOF jersey.

You know how we thought N'Keal Harry and Tavon Wilson were bad picks?

BB's like "HOLD MY BEER!", moments later the Commissioner reads out loud in surprise, "with the 29th pick the New England Patriots select Cole Strange!" :rofl:
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back