PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP ****** Official 2021 Training Camp Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at today's camp but first a bit of background: my wife is from Colombia and her in-laws have come to visit- 8 of them. Her sister's husband is a commando with the PNC in Colombia. They fight the cartels on a near daily basis.

Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to bring him to today's practice so he could see American football for himself (he had always been curious). So I spent most of the time trying to explain how the game worked, for him, and not much time watching.

But what I was able to see so far was that with Cam, it's the same old ****, same old indecisiveness, same dancing in the pocket. His mechanics seems better but I think more a product of injuries having healed than any sort of technical improvement. I do understand the media pundits are claiming he had a "strong finish" to today, but the same red flags we saw last season are still there.

Mac was up and down, especially on 11 on 11's but that's typical of rookies with a new playbook.

But- from what I saw, Mac's grasp of the nuances of the game, the finer points, the minute adjustments he made- is more substantial than Cam's is or ever was, and far more, I daresay. He used the old Brady alert audible (tapping the helmet with both hands) several times today in stimulated RZ 11 on 11's. His processing speed is noticeable and his throws are decisive.

Granted no pads today, but I liked what I saw. And all this on only the 2nd day of camp.
That's really cool PP2. Best post in this thread, IMO. Enjoy your time with the in-laws!

That's really cool PP2. Best post in this thread, IMO. Enjoy your time with the in-laws!
Full speed Pads is where the truth lies. Tuesday, all this other stuff is just appetizers.

Who cares.. Not the thread for that conversation.

So why not make your point to the first person in the thread to bring it up, whom I was simply correcting? That person clearly saw it as relevant.

I was at today's camp but first a bit of background: my wife is from Colombia and her in-laws have come to visit- 8 of them. Her sister's husband is a commando with the PNC in Colombia. They fight the cartels on a near daily basis.

Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to bring him to today's practice so he could see American football for himself (he had always been curious). So I spent most of the time trying to explain how the game worked, for him, and not much time watching.

That certainly puts my complaints about my professional problems in perspective. Best of luck to him.

Did he have interesting or humorous observations about our version of football?

PU folks went straight to the qb competition

bbs press conference got me excited, hearing him obfuscate about plans for agholor, saying they’re open to plans for him given his versatility.

not sure why we have a qb4. Someone explain?

happy that Damien Harris (goodness he’s handsome) was out early

happy that Mac was out early, being vocal.

Qbs ran the same stuff, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft