PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP ****** Official 2021 Training Camp Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why we have a qb4. Someone explain?

I think with a 90 man roster, they have enough players that someone needs a live arm to throw for some drills. As I heard it described, Cam and Mac are alternating with the 1's and 2's, getting most of the "real" reps as they should. Hoyer is primarily working with whichever defensive unit (1 or 2) isn't matching up with Cam/Mac. He's basically giving the defense it's reps. Then there are enough stragglers leftover on the 3rd string (or beyond), and rather than have them standing around waiting for a chance to do something, you let a 4th QB throw in some 1 on 1's, or other such drills. I think before the re-signed Dolegala, they were doing the same thing but having a coach throw the ball. That works, but if you've got an extra roster spot, might as well use it on a 4th QB for logistical purposes.

That certainly puts my complaints about my professional problems in perspective. Best of luck to him.

Did he have interesting or humorous observations about our version of football?

He took a liking to the quarterback wearing #5.

The language difference was too much for me to try and explain that non-contact 11 on 11's, and a real live NFL game, were two very different beasts, so I just let things be.

It's funny how our largest player is also the one who looks most like a baby.
Can i watch you tell him in person please? I would say you will get the response you deserve.

I think with a 90 man roster, they have enough players that someone needs a live arm to throw for some drills. As I heard it described, Cam and Mac are alternating with the 1's and 2's, getting most of the "real" reps as they should. Hoyer is primarily working with whichever defensive unit (1 or 2) isn't matching up with Cam/Mac. He's basically giving the defense it's reps. Then there are enough stragglers leftover on the 3rd string (or beyond), and rather than have them standing around waiting for a chance to do something, you let a 4th QB throw in some 1 on 1's, or other such drills. I think before the re-signed Dolegala, they were doing the same thing but having a coach throw the ball. That works, but if you've got an extra roster spot, might as well use it on a 4th QB for logistical purposes.
Makes total sense. Thanks for the perspective. This is bumming me out already thou, Andy Hart says:

Reality check: Patriots aren’t going to have a very good QB in 2021​

Another year

Last edited:
Makes total sense. Thanks for the perspective. This is bumming me out already thou, Andy Hart says:

Reality check: Patriots aren’t going to have a very good QB in 2021​

Another year

Well, before you start drinking the pain away, just know that Andy Hart isn't a fortune teller. He may be right, he may be wrong. It's unlikely Mac is great his rookie year, but he wouldn't be the first one to be successful (Roethlisberger was good year one, and Herbert last year was great). Also, though we need very good QB play to be a Super Bowl contender, we don't need it to be competitive and have a very fun season as the team is currently constructed. We're going to have a top 10 running game and potentially a very good defense. There won't be many games we're flat out non-competitive in, so enjoy the ride and watch Mac (if he plays) get better as the year goes on. It's football baby! Let's have fun with it.

Can i watch you tell him in person please? I would say you will get the response you deserve.
Are you offended on his behalf about a joke that also acknowledges how imposing he is?

Going to lock thread as there is a new daily thread up now. Going forward we might want to make a daily thread like in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back