PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

Micheal Jackson, Bill Murray, Lamar Jackson, and now this:

I liked Mike Jordan during the 2019 draft as a top-125 prospect any time after the 4th round began... Starting experience at Ohio St at both Center & Guard, with OT measurables... Came out early and was soon thrust into a starting role with the Bungles; too much too soon maybe... He should be considered a viable PS candidate for Swing G/C if he does in fact clear waivers...

Or win a couple because he makes kicks folk doesnt gave the distance for.

I know he hasn't been known for it throughout his career, but Folk made two game winning kicks from 50+ last year. So unless we expect to need to kick a lot of 55-60 yarders, I don't think it would make up for the shorter kicks and XPs that Nordin are more likely to miss.

Field Yates says that Nordin is sticking.

The Patriots are expected to stick with rookie K Quinn Nordin as their starter, taking over the job from veteran Nick Folk, per source. Nordin was looking for jobs on LinkedIn after this past NFL Draft and is now in line to handle kicking duties in New England.

I'll take a kicker who has solid accuracy and mediocre range over over one with amazing range but misses half the time even on chip shots.
And Folk kicked some 50 yarders last year, so he’s solid. But just like we desperately needed our QB of the future in this draft, we desperately need our kicker of the future in the next draft.

I know he hasn't been known for it throughout his career, but Folk made two game winning kicks from 50+ last year. So unless we expect to need to kick a lot of 55-60 yarders, I don't think it would make up for the shorter kicks and XPs that Nordin are more likely to miss.

Field Yates says that Nordin is sticking.

Well alright then. Carry on.

We have 9 more moves to make to get down to 53....going to be some tough decisions.

Are we going for 2 more this year with the OL & TEs? I don’t trust the rookie to make 95% of XPs.

I'm surprised at this one.

With that said I think Folk will be on speed-dial in case the rookie collapses.

IIRC correctly AV missed some early FGs his rookie year and Tuna told him he needs to start making them or he'll be on the 1st flight back to South Dakota.

I'm surprised at this one.

With that said I think Folk will be on speed-dial in case the rookie collapses.

IIRC correctly AV missed some early FGs his rookie year and Tuna told him he needs to start making them or he'll be on the 1st flight back to South Dakota.
I think Gost missed some early on too.

Why are we going with Nordin?

lighter

Are we going for 2 more this year with the OL & TEs? I don’t trust the rookie to make 95% of XPs.
I’m sure Folk will be in a hotel nearby in case the call comes.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back