PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2019 Trade Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for guys we should look at trading for as well as any league trades that are going to happen.

MODS; feel free to merge related threads into this one if it makes sense too.

The fifth year options are just too high for so many of these players. Agholor is not a $9+ million dollar player to the Eagles (and I agree), so they’re really hoping they can trade him because cutting him looks really bad.

Arik Armstead says the 49ers are keeping him despite a similarly excessive fifth year option. Shaq Thompson is not a $9 million linebacker, but the Panthers seem intent on replacing Thomas Davis with him anyway. No idea what the Falcon are thinking, reportedly keeping Vic Beasley at $12.8 million. Trae Waynes is on the block in Minnesota, again at roughly a $9 million salary.

The fifth year options are just too high for so many of these players. Agholor is not a $9+ million dollar player to the Eagles (and I agree), so they’re really hoping they can trade him because cutting him looks really bad.

Arik Armstead says the 49ers are keeping him despite a similarly excessive fifth year option. Shaq Thompson is not a $9 million linebacker, but the Panthers seem intent on replacing Thomas Davis with him anyway. No idea what the Falcon are thinking, reportedly keeping Vic Beasley at $12.8 million. Trae Waynes is on the block in Minnesota, again at roughly a $9 million salary.

What a weird contract it was so cap friendly them Wham! 9Mill: if cut Teams would be all over him.

Same is true for both Danny Shelton and Malcom Brown. Solid DTs but the 5th-year option was too rich for either.

Same is true for both Danny Shelton and Malcom Brown. Solid DTs but the 5th-year option was too rich for either.

So let's say a Team Trades for one of those 5th year guys could they rip up the Option and iron out something new or more cap friendly??

So let's say a Team Trades for one of those 5th year guys could they rip up the Option and iron out something new or more cap friendly??
Yes, but you have to offer the player a better deal than the current one year contract. A lot of these fifth year options are right around $9 million, so there’s not much reason for them to commit long term for less than that. Panthers fans want Thompson for something like $15 million over three years, but that sounds like an awful deal when you think of it in terms of adding two years at $6 million total onto the current $9 million for one year.

If they'd truly been solid DTs, that 5th year option wouldn't have been too much.

I think this is where the fluidity of the meaning of "solid" comes in. My idea of a "solid" DT would be Malcom Brown; even a player like Lawrence Guy is better than just solid to me. Justifying the 5th year option requires a player to be better than solid. They have to be a plus starter.

I think this is where the fluidity of the meaning of "solid" comes in. My idea of a "solid" DT would be Malcom Brown; even a player like Lawrence Guy is better than just solid to me. Justifying the 5th year option requires a player to be better than solid. They have to be a plus starter.

Yes, if you thought Brown's play was solid in 2018, we are not on the same page.

Justin Houston and Jordan Howard are two BIG names out on the market. I expect we'll do our due diligence on Houston given that he was still a top LB when he played last year, but KC won't trade him to us.

Justin Houston and Jordan Howard are two BIG names out on the market. I expect we'll do our due diligence on Houston given that he was still a top LB when he played last year, but KC won't trade him to us.
Cap hit is not what we need anyway.

Malcom Brown was terrible last year. No idea what happened because he was really good in 2017 and 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back