PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2019 Offseason rumors and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 APY for Brown sounds intriguing honestly. 13-14 does not but I would no be opposed if we give Brown a 4/40 deal.

How about 5/$65 $13M AAV
salary $2,7,9, 16, 16
bonus $15M

Or reduce the last 2 years to $13M and $14M to make it 5/$60M $12MAAV =======
In both cases, the first 3 years total $33M.

The caps are $5M, 10, 12, 19, 19 or
$5M, 10, 12, 16, 17

• Agree
Reactions: jah

I agree with Jeff. Roberts was really good during the playoff run. He is very useful as a 20 snap type LB. Then you got Hightower, Bentley and van Noy. If we could add a Vosean Joseph or so that would be great. Don't think aFA LB is needed.

I agree with Jeff. Roberts was really good during the playoff run. He is very useful as a 20 snap type LB. Then you got Hightower, Bentley and van Noy. If we could add a Vosean Joseph or so that would be great. Don't think aFA LB is needed.

But this site says...

giphy.gif

Can Marshall cover running backs better than our current ones?

Mitchell but we only got him because his knee issues caused him to drop in the draft. And then he never played again.

Mitchell continued to have knee issues. However, the last someone touched base with him, he was hoping that he could give it a go this year. Only time will tell.

Can Marshall cover running backs better than our current ones?

BB would have to look at that within the context of the team's scheme, but the local cemeteries are filled with corpses that could cover running backs as well as the Patriots linebackers.

Has a Bill Belichick defense ever had a good coverage linebacker? I can’t tell for defenses pre 2005 because the rules were different and there wasn’t nearly as much arena ball passing.

OBJ did say “Love you brother” on Brady’s Instagram post...

Just saying

How about 5/$65 $13M AAV
salary $2,7,9, 16, 16
bonus $15M

Or reduce the last 2 years to $13M and $14M to make it 5/$60M $12MAAV =======
In both cases, the first 3 years total $33M.

The caps are $5M, 10, 12, 19, 19 or
$5M, 10, 12, 16, 17
This is starting to remind me of some of the numbers that people threw out for a possible Welker extension.

I don't see us using much resources to replace the reps of Hightower, Bentley, Van Noy or Roberts. The player that we are adding is Bentley, who should get some of Roberts' reps.
====
Of course, this is site violation. We ALWAYS need to add a top coverage LB, a young SS who is capable of starting this year or next, and a pass rusher.

They wanted Jamie Collins to be that coverage LB, didn't they? I remember him getting burnt in the Seattle Super Bowl and the Denver AFCC the year after. But overall would we say he was at least pretty good in coverage?

I don't see us using much resources to replace the reps of Hightower, Bentley, Van Noy or Roberts. The player that we are adding is Bentley, who should get some of Roberts' reps.
====
Of course, this is site violation. We ALWAYS need to add a top coverage LB, a young SS who is capable of starting this year or next, and a pass rusher.

Don't sleep on Christian Sam. He looked pretty good in the limited reps he got in TC.

====
We’ll just have to settle for 2/3.

;)

They wanted Jamie Collins to be that coverage LB, didn't they? I remember him getting burnt in the Seattle Super Bowl and the Denver AFCC the year after. But overall would we say he was at least pretty good in coverage?

He was physically more gifted than KVN but we are not talking a gigantic difference in coverage abilities really. Certainly not worth the additional cap hit that Collins has over KVN.

When people keep talking about a coverage LB they essentially imagine safety speed in a LB body which is pretty, pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back