PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, though, can we please get back on topic? :rolleyes:

What is the meaning of..."that"?
39.gif

I'm so right I done left town...:D:D

Didn’t the patriots defense get torched in the Super Bowl by an elite WR named Alston Jeffrey? I believe Jeffrey is making 13 Million Dollars per year; that’s big money.

73 yards is torched ? What game were you watching ? Apart from a great TD catch Jeffrey was essentially irrelevant in the game.

You want to know what a torching looks like ? Look up Amendolas stats from the SB...

Moss was supposedly a cancer. So was Dillon. Both worked out well. Haynesworth not so much.

Also, Ocho Cinco was the premiere prima dona and we signed him. I'm glad BB doesn't do scouting report through the media prism.

Moss, Dillon and Ocho were also older players at the ends of their respective careers. Moss and Dillon were able to extend theirs a couple-three seasons, but were done on the Pats (and in the NFL) once they fell off the wagon and started acting out.

Anyway, aside from the 2008 off-season blow-up, Ocho was more class clown/entertainer than true diva (he pretty much "invented" today's end-zone celebrations). He always showed up for work, even playing through the season with a partially torn labrum in 2008 (after the blow-up).

Didn’t the patriots defense get torched in the Super Bowl by an elite WR named Alston Jeffrey? I believe Jeffrey is making 13 Million Dollars per year; that’s big money.

OBJ 2014-2016* averages:
- 96 receptions
- 1,374 yds
- 11.7 TDs
- 63% catch rate
- 14.3 ypc
(*he was IR'd in 2017)

Cooks 2015-2017 averages:
- 76 receptions
- 1,131 yds
- 8 TDs
- 63% catch rate
- 14.9 ypc

Alshon Jeffrey 2015-2017 averages:
- 54 receptions
- 806 yds
- 5 TDs
- 52.9% catch rate
- 14.8 ypc

At the end of 2017, Jeffrey signed a 4-yr deal with the Eagles worth $13M/year (max), including $14.25M guaranteed.

Put in 03 game vs Miami at home..lots of LB blitzing edge rushing, interior Dl getting through the gaps...a real pass rush!

Entirely different NFL era. And that defense was able to rush that game because they were also holding Ricky Williams to 2.7 ypa.

Man, I'd love to get Gordon...The first 12 months of everything is the toughest, I think. Now that he's finally broken through, I think the odds finally swing in his favor.

He's still a risk, sure...But one I'd love to take.

Now that he's knocked the rust off, as somebody here noted, I believe that he's poised for a monster year...if Taylor or whoever can actually get'm the ball.
39.gif

At this point, Gordon might be more productive just throwing it to himself.

73 yards is torched ? What game were you watching ? Apart from a great TD catch Jeffrey was essentially irrelevant in the game.

You want to know what a torching looks like ? Look up Amendolas stats from the SB...

Yeah, Gilmore blanketed Jeffrey once he was moved there and Jeffrey's tip drill caused the only Eagles turnover.

Jeffrey's a good receiver but he's always injured. I think Cooks is better.

Last edited:
True, but with Goff they might have a chance. ;)

He doesn't have a very strong arm. He might take another step forward next year and could even end up as a top-10 passer but there are physical limitations. Had they selected Wentz two drafts ago, things would have been different.

He doesn't have a very strong arm. He might take another step forward next year and could even end up as a top-10 passer but there are physical limitations. Had they selected Wentz two drafts ago, things would have been different.

I honestly dont think he is a particularly good QB. At least not based on last year. His resurgence had more to do with McVay designing an easy and efficient offense than with any big step he took.

Right now I dont think he is any better than Dalton tier. Let him consistently read the full field, not rely on the running game to set up everything and make his own presnap reads on the field and I might change my opinion.

I don't know if I would do that deal
It had to be said. The money will wind up being the same. You have a smallish very talented guy vs. a Moss type freak and BB has dealt with that diva WR type.
I might have to consider it. Red Zone stuff would be awesome.
Look at it this way. Cooks is not a real #1 WR but a complimentary #2,
I like Cooks better as a person, but think of the Moss warnings we got back in the day and until the end, a great team mate.
OBJ is a true number one. Jules and Gronk would have a field day.
This puts Brady's chances of another SB a little higher.
Next case. Cooks down field requires more time than the patterns that OBJ runs and we are ? at LT.
DW Toys

It was a joke, riffing on the "Goss" double typo. :)

Moss, Dillon and Ocho were also older players at the ends of their respective careers. Moss and Dillon were able to extend theirs a couple-three seasons, but were done on the Pats (and in the NFL) once they fell off the wagon and started acting out.

Anyway, aside from the 2008 off-season blow-up, Ocho was more class clown/entertainer than true diva (he pretty much "invented" today's end-zone celebrations). He always showed up for work, even playing through the season with a partially torn labrum in 2008 (after the blow-up).

Yeah agreed. Also Ochos legs were gone by the time 2011 season came around, we traded for him while he was way past his prime. His huge drop off in 2010 supports this.

Dillon, Moss still had 1 good prime year left. Ochos legs were gone

One of Jeff Howe's Twitter followers already suggested Cooks for OBJ, straight up.

I don't know if I would do that deal

I know that I wouldn't do that deal...and I'm not exactly waving Pom Poms for Cooks.
jester.gif

Beckham is a psychopath. He doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but him.
Insane.gif

The Patriots have won 5 Championships via Chain Movers like Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Patten, Julian Edelman, and Danny Amendola Rock'n'Rolla leading the way.

Mad Bill ain't perfect, but he seems to've learned the crippling effects of dumping a huge chunk of your salary cap on "#1" WideOuts...this goes beyond Beckham's lunacy.

Having the capacity to retain the services of a deep roster of Role Players often makes the difference between competing...and winning it all...and nothing strips your roster as completely of'm as dumping $20 Million on a Prima Donna. Pass.
th_coffee.gif

I know that I wouldn't do that deal...and I'm not exactly waving Pom Poms for Cooks.
jester.gif

Insane.gif

The Patriots have won 5 Championships via Chain Movers like Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Patten, Julian Edelman, and Danny Amendola Rock'n'Rolla leading the way.

Mad Bill ain't perfect, but he seems to've learned the crippling effects of dumping a huge chunk of your salary cap on "#1" WideOuts...this goes beyond Beckham's lunacy.

Having the capacity to retain the services of a deep roster of Role Players often makes the difference between competing...and winning it all...and nothing strips your roster as completely of'm as dumping $20 Million on a Prima Donna. Pass.
th_coffee.gif

Having ****ty wideouts has also cost the Patriots potential Super Bowls in the past. The potential for a Reche Caldwell Redux in the future is real. They're going to have to pay Cooks or be stuck with a geriatric Edelman and aging Hogan and nobody waiting in the wings. Ask the Panthers what it's like to be stuck with nobody capable of playing the position.

jester.gif

Insane.gif

th_coffee.gif

I wouldn’t want him for 20 million, but would you take him at his current contract for a 1 year rental?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST