PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooks has higher value than Gordon, but not that much higher.
Forget about the talent aspect for a moment.

Gordon is a time bomb.

What non-QBs would you (or BB) even pay 20 million per year?

Aaron Donald - might go down as the best DT of all time

Von Miller - HOF pass rusher, great edge setter/run defender & can cover RBs out of the backfield

J.J. Watt pre-injuries

I think BB only considers Miller. Bless the NFL team that pays a diva WR $20 million a season.

He has a long way to go to enter into the Reggie White/ Joe Green discussion.

The funny part is how many of the people on this forum told me “belichick will never trade a 1st round pick for a WR. He doesn’t value them as much.”

Then he went ahead and traded a 1st and 3rd for Cooks.

Bottom Line. No one here knows the way B.B. thinks. Expect the unexpected when it comes to B.B. moves

The funny part is how many of the people on this forum told me “belichick will never trade a 1st round pick for a WR. He doesn’t value them as much.”

Bottom Line. No one here knows the way B.B. thinks. Expect the unexpected when it comes to B.B. moves

The Patriots aren't trading for Beckham

Forget about the talent aspect for a moment.

Gordon is a time bomb.
I agree, just saying that I don’t think we’d get a 2nd and Gordon for Cooks.

I meant to say that Cooks value IS significantly higher than Gordon’s, but not enough to warrant the value of a high draft pick along with the player.

Maybe that’s what gave you a good laugh @AndyJohnson

Thinking you won't know how BB thinks is a form of thinking you know how BB thinks. Yeah, I just blew your mind, you're welcome.

The Giants will not trade ODB. What you are seeing is posturing before he signs his new contract. This entire conversation is pointless.

That being said I dont see how it makes sense to trade for someone who would be gone a year later to whoever will pay him his 20m. There is no way anyone here would sign an extension for ODB so any trade is a one year thing with total uncertainty if his difficult character would mesh with the locker room or if he could grasp the offense.

With Cooks they had lots of interaction and experience thanks to shared practices. This is stupid and silly.

Come on man

He will be a 7x+ All-Pro & First ballot Hall of Famer. I did not see 1970s 275 lb. Mean Joe Greene play. Not worth a come on man at all. He’s better than John Randle.

I meant to say that Cooks value IS significantly higher than Gordon’s, but not enough to warrant the value of a high draft pick along with the player.

Cooks value not being higher than a guy who has barely played in many years was the funny part. Sounds like I laughed at a typo

Im just sitting here waiting for a top pass rush to come to New England.

Cooks value not being higher than a guy who has barely played in many years was the funny part. Sounds like I laughed at a typo
Is Cooks worth a 2nd and a player? Even though he’s on the last year of his contract?

Also failing to read where I said Gordon’s value was higher.

OK.

I didn't see what Andy said?

OK.

I didn't see what Andy said?
He laugh reacted to what I said regarding Cooks value compared to Gordon’s, so I assumed he also thought what you thought I was saying

He will be a 7x+ All-Pro & First ballot Hall of Famer. I did not see 1970s 275 lb. Mean Joe Greene play. Not worth a come on man at all. He’s better than John Randle.
Yes it did.
If you discount joe Greene because you didn’t see him play how can you possibly call someone the best ever?

Randy white
Joe Greene
Bob Lilly
Merlin Olsen
Alan page
Cortez Kennedy
Just off the top of my head

He has a long way to go to be mentioned with these guys and yeah he has quite a ways to go to catch Randle as well.

Yes it did.
If you discount joe Greene because you didn’t see him play how can you possibly call someone the best ever?

Randy white
Joe Greene
Bob Lilly
Merlin Olsen
Alan page
Cortez Kennedy
Just off the top of my head

He has a long way to go to be mentioned with these guys and yeah he has quite a ways to go to catch Randle as well.

Fair enough. That’s different then Come on Man. If & When he’s the first DT ever to win 3 DPOY awards then he’ll have his case.

Is Cooks worth a 2nd and a player? Even though he’s on the last year of his contract?

Also failing to read where I said Gordon’s value was higher.
You said it was higher but not that much higher.

Gordon’s value is pretty much zero at this point.

Fair enough. That’s different then Come on Man. If & When he’s the first DT ever to win 3 DPOY awards then he’ll have his case.
No. He has to have an entire career better than every one else to be the best ever.
Come on man is because you can’t even start to think about that after 4 years.

He laugh reacted to what I said regarding Cooks value compared to Gordon’s, so I assumed he also thought what you thought I was saying
Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference