PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Cleveland would flip Josh Gordon for Odell as part of the trade.

It was Howe himself who first suggested this, according to Rich on 98.5 this morning.
Yes, although it's important to note that this was before the latest Beckham pizza video and before Beckham announced that he won't play without an extension. The article is archived now, but the argument was essentially that Beckham would be the better 2018 option for the Patriots while Cooks would be a more reasonable long term investment for the Giants.

Odell Beckham on the Patriots? Not as crazy as you’d think

OBJs football skills give your football team
A better chance of winning.
OBJ and his personality and character gives your team a worse chance of winning.

A good team should put more weight on the second sentence.

He choked against Green Bay, turning himself from an elite wideout to Aaron Dropson and Bradon Lafell.

I wonder if Cleveland would flip Josh Gordon for Odell as part of the trade.

They would have to. Having those two on the same team would force the Brownies to hire a full-time nanny/shrink

Championships and the way they're won are all that matter...and poisonous cancers like Beckham, for all their Splash, actually lessen our chances of winning Big Games.

There's nothing wrong with advancing your Brand, as long as your priority is winning.

But Beckham doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody but Beckham.

If Beckham were available for a Salary Cap Hit of Zero, I still wouldn't trade a conditional 2047 7th Rounder for'm, because while great teammates like Tom Brady make everyone around them better, poisonous cancers like Beckham, by throwing relentless hissy fits, when he's not attacking nets and losing, make everyone around them worse.

We're not in the business of winning Madden Championships.

We're in the business of winning real Championships.

Odell Beckham?? Poisonous sewage.

Pass.
th_coffee.gif

This guy hasn't been exactly healthy enough to be such a no brainer in terms of WR market. He is a great talent but you have to analyse the whole package before committing that much money to a player (I'm talking about other franchises than NE) and I'm not even looking at the antics, just production x cost x availability.

BB isn’t afraid too add a guy to the team if he thinks he will help the team, even if that player has a history of trouble
He also isn't afraid to cut or trade a talented player who is behaving like a malcontent, not doing what his assignment is, or just being a general distraction to the team.

You don't trade Cooks or anyone else for OBJ, one spent the off season building poor people houses for Jesus, the other snorts coke and thinks he is Jesus's dad.

Pay Cooks....
Did Cooks build houses?

OBJs football skills give your football team
A better chance of winning.
OBJ and his personality and character gives your team a worse chance of winning.

A good team should put more weight on the second sentence.

LOL at anyone who thinks OBJ has a bigger personality and character problem than Kenny Britt

BB has signed and traded for players in the past who have arguably worse character than OBJ

LOL at anyone who thinks OBJ has a bigger personality and character problem than Kenny Britt

BB has signed and traded for players in the past who have arguably worse character than OBJ
It's hard to agree Britt didn't talk once about being a difference in winning or losing the Eagles game yes I'm aware it's a Superbowl it makes me feel better to just say Eagles game.
He could of said if I was active for redzone plays we would of scored at least 2 more TDs.
Not a peep.
Now currently Beckham is a elite talent superstar and Britt is a reclaimation project costing nothing on the cap hardly.
Britt has talked about God Changing and growing up and Beckham is in a bed with a possible prostitute and cocaine.
If That Video was Kenny Britt he wouldn't of Even got a face to face it would of been a phone call telling Britt he was done.
I know Britt was a problem child in the past but people do Change.

Difference is Belichick acquired those players when their value and their money was low.

OBJ is looking to become the highest paid player in the entire NFL and has come out and said that specifically. Whether or not he can get that is another story, but that's the money he wants.

Add that in with the personality/character flaws and that fact that he will also cost several high picks in a trade and he's absolutely not worth acquiring for this team.

Championships and the way they're won are all that matter...and poisonous cancers like Beckham, for all their Splash, actually lessen our chances of winning Big Games.

There's nothing wrong with advancing your Brand, as long as your priority is winning.

But Beckham doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody but Beckham.

If Beckham were available for a Salary Cap Hit of Zero, I still wouldn't trade a conditional 2047 7th Rounder for'm, because while great teammates like Tom Brady make everyone around them better, poisonous cancers like Beckham, by throwing relentless hissy fits, when he's not attacking nets and losing, make everyone around them worse.

We're not in the business of winning Madden Championships.

We're in the business of winning real Championships.

Odell Beckham?? Poisonous sewage.

Pass.
th_coffee.gif

Of course you would pass. The only type of WR you like are short, small, slow, can’t go deep, but he keeps his mouth shut, is a team player, puts up below average stats but makes good plays in the clutch, injury prone but plays while hurt, can’t beat man but can find the opening in a zone D...

Height, Super Fast, amazing hands, high vertical, ability to make catches in traffic, ability to go deep, ability to draw double and triple coverages, ability to beat man coverage...those aren’t the traits you like in a patriots WR

I don’t mean character in the off the field criminal sense I mean character in the prima Dona, it’s all about me sense.

I don’t mean character in the off the field criminal sense I mean character in the prima Dona, it’s all about me sense.
If he cried during half of the games he played in New York... Imagine how much he’ll be crying in Cleveland.

Of course you would pass. The only type of WR you like are short, small, slow, can’t go deep, but he keeps his mouth shut, is a team player, puts up below average stats but makes good plays in the clutch, injury prone but plays while hurt, can’t beat man but can find the opening in a zone D...

Height, Super Fast, amazing hands, high vertical, ability to make catches in traffic, ability to go deep, ability to draw double and triple coverages, ability to beat man coverage...those aren’t the traits you like in a patriots WR
Clearly nothing he said had anything to do with ability and everything to do with attitude and personality.
If you live you some OBJ, you still have to recognize he has a crap attitude, is self centered and is playing for OBJ, not his team.

Difference is Belichick acquired those players when their value and their money was low.

OBJ is looking to become the highest paid player in the entire NFL and has come out and said that specifically. Whether or not he can get that is another story, but that's the money he wants.

Add that in with the personality/character flaws and that fact that he will also cost several high picks in a trade and he's absolutely not worth acquiring for this team.

He is only under contract this year. Unless the acquiring team was assured he would be under a long -term contract with them I don't see the Giants getting several high picks for him.

Clearly nothing he said had anything to do with ability and everything to do with attitude and personality.
If you live you some OBJ, you still have to recognize he has a crap attitude, is self centered and is playing for OBJ, not his team.

he also bad mouths cooks often.

That last paragraph you just described Kenny Britt....a WR on our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results