PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ: “We’re gonna turn the Browns into the new Patriots”

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will never be another Patriots. What has happened for the past 20 years will never bee seen again.

There will never be another Patriots. What has happened for the past 20 years will never bee seen again.
Disagree.

As time goes on all records are going to get broken and we will always see better players. It might not happen anytime soon though.

Disagree.

As time goes on all records are going to get broken and we will always see better players. It might not happen anytime soon though.

One of the amazing things about this run is that the league is set in a way that is specifically designed to keep such a run from happening.

One of the amazing things about this run is that the league is set in a way that is specifically designed to keep such a run from happening.

And was set that way the day the dynasty began :D

Disagree.

So you're saying there's a chance........

The Rod Rust era Patriots maybe.

Pretty much and I get that you're describing the way the NFL* has gone the extra mile to "try" to insure it.

Yeah, I think they've given up on the original model (This League will have single-year winners not dynasties -- i.e., parity.)

However, that did leave open the pro wrestling model, where we're the Iron Sheik. Except pro wrestling wouldn't dare monetize the hate by having the Iron Sheik win all the time.

The Patriots are going to keep going. Tom Brady is going to change jobs from quarterback to quarterbacks coach with a fast track to take over as the offensive coordinator. When Bill retires, McDaniels moves up to HC, Tom becomes the OC, and Steve Belichick moves into the DC role with a permanent helpline to dear old Dad until he gets his feet under him. #NextManUp

This is the only true dynasty there ever was. Most of the so called dynasties have been built around a core of irreplaceable players. We have exactly one of those. And the limited evidence we have indicates that this team can still win football games even without him

Pretty much and I get that you're describing the way the NFL* has gone the extra mile to "try" to insure it.
There is the possibility that the league, under the Goodell, will drop the parity model after Tom and Belichick retire, in an attempt to give some other franchise the opportunity of erasing most of the Patriot records established over the last twenty years.

They won't be the new Patriots, but you'd better wake up to the fact that this is NOT the Cleveland everyone loved to make fun of.

It’s still in ohio

im sure this has been said, but not with that contract of your odell.

Well, we shouldn't look down our noses too hard. We are ridiculously blessed to have a coach QB tandem who's turned the Patriots into the New Patriots at least 4-5 times.

Frankly, I don't think the Browns are in any danger of becoming the New Patriots. The New Steelers on the other hand... that's a goal that might just be within their reach. They've got a talented roster, and if Kitchens decides he's gonna be a "let 'em play" kind of coach, a la Mike Tomlin, that can absolutely work in that dynamic, and I think OBJ can work in that kind of team pretty darn well

That said from what I've read about OBJ, the first chance he gets, he's a Jet. He's used to the big city life, Cleveland won't sit well with him forever.

Disagree.

Yes absolutely, an MLB pitcher is going to have 512 career wins any day now.

Yes absolutely, an MLB pitcher is going to have 512 career wins any day now.

100 years from now every record will be history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes