SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Solid Draft
The Patriots walked away with 10 pretty solid additions coming off draft weekend, injecting some youth into the Super Bowl champs' roster.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OBJ: “We’re gonna turn the Browns into the new Patriots”

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, May 7, 2019.

1. Nehalem

Nehalem Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,066
    OBJ had a higher QB rating than Brady last year. Maybe we should show the man some respect :p

• Funny Funny x 4

2. One-Be-Lo

One-Be-Lo PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,406
    I was on the espn boards during that time.. holy sh*tshow, between Cameraplacementgate, the Pats dominating and then the eventual upset loss, I have never seen a more insane forum stuffed to the brim with vitriol, rumors and outright hate.

Refreshing to realize that a majority of sports fans/players now revere the Patriots and aspire to their level of greatness, rather than constantly trying to throw shade as it was in the past for many years.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sicilian

Sicilian Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8,514
    To be the next Patriots you've gotta win 6 Super Bowls. Before you can win 6, you've gotta win 5. Before you win 5, you gotta win 4. Before you win 4, you gotta win 3. Before you win 3, you gotta win 2. Before you win 2, you gotta win 1. Before you in 1, you've got beat the rest of the AFC. Before you beat the rest of the AFC, you've gotta make the playoffs. Before you make the playoffs, you've gotta win your first game. Before you win your first game, you've got execute your first play (that counts). Before you execute that first play, you've got to put in oodles of practice and preparation.

It's good you want to be the best. But start with that practice and preparation. Focus on the process, and let the results take care of themselves. The Patriots didn't win 6 SB's by wanting to win 6. They won 6 be continuing to want the next one.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,137
    I remember not making the playoffs for a bazillion years, not winning a home playoff game ever, not being allowed to have a night game, and being blacked out because no one went to games. We've come a long way, baby. For my money, this team is playing with house money and will be for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steve:Section 102

Ratings:
    +2,137
    Fact. This is the definition of the Patriot Way. Other teams are talking about super bowls, and, to paraphrase another poster (my apologies for the plagiarism), the Patriots are trying to have the best May 7th they can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,698
    So I am reading this thread and glance over at the Local Media News Headlines and see the article where Van Noy is talking about how the Patriots have moved on from their championship and are focused on preparing for the coming year. As per BB trying to have a good day preparing TODAY then looking to have another good day TOMORROW. Nothing else.

THis is the part that OBJ doesn't 'get'. Continual improvement PROCESS. Maybe that's why he is a Brown and not a Patriot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,982
    Don't want to put a # on it but the majority of this base has no idea how bad it was. We were a laughingstock. A joke. New England?? Not a cool team, place. No cool players.

There is no statue big enough for Brady. Bill & Bob as well imo but I know most will disagree about Kraft.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,982
    It's weird, people will always take shots but almost everyone (that wants to be taken seriously) admits the greatness. I think it'll only get better for us.
    Things will get back to normal & put what we've done into proper perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steve:Section 102

Ratings:
    +2,137
    We are in agreement.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,399
    Admirable goal by OBJ. What’s wrong with what he said? He admires the Patriots and wants to be a dynasty like theirs. Would you rather have a “we’re going do stomp dem Pats man, you kno?”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1

11. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,599
    I will be shocked if the Browns don’t win at least 10 games this season.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,122
    They seem to have a good nucleus of players. That’s what suckage of that magnitude will get you. Picking top 5 every year for as long as I can remember.

We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out and if their franchise is up to the challenge.

No problem with the compliment. OBJ was on a team in massive decline. His qb lived off of his 2 superbowl wins and got a pass for a lot of bad years where most would of been yanked or just released. Front office had a lot of bad drafts and signings as well. Guy’s still a self centered diva, but nobody likes to lose and have a shroud of stupidity displayed by the FO with no hope of winning in sight.

Their future is bright, but the better they get, the worse the draft pick and the frenzy on your players in free agency. Not to mention those high rounders leaving the team for greener money pastures. If they can deal with all that, then they have a chance to compete for super bowls beyond the first one.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,945
    I’m still not convinced. There are a lot of big egos on that team, and if things start going in the wrong direction, things could get dicey.

I think that too many fans are automatically penciling them in to win the AFCN, as they’ll still have to battle it out with the Steelers and Ravens, so some of those W/L are going to cancel each other out. A 9-7 record could end up winning the division, and it seems as though there’s more parity in the conference, lately. Teams like the Texans/Colts/Titans/Chargers/Ravens/Broncos and Steelers who don’t win the division should all be good candidates to gain a WC spot.

Plus, it’s Cleveland, so until they have a winning record and some luck, I’m not going to fully buy in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  14. tom444

tom444 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +2,650
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,510
    We can all sit by and witness the magical transformation of a self centered egomaniac to a true team player, who always puts the team first.

On second hand, probably not.. his persona is engraved in stone.. zebras don't change stripes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,152
    Ahahaha! That's a good one! He realizes, of course, that the first step in becoming more like the Patriots is to get rid of selfish, prima donna, me-first players, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,846
    Did they ask OBJ if he was going to restructure his salary to provide more money to accommodate more/better/deeper talent for the rest of the team?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  18. dreighver

dreighver Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,713
    I totally agree with this.

I think the level of vitriol being thrown OBJ's way in this thread is a bad look.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. NormZauchin

NormZauchin PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,967
    Maybe they should try to turn the Browns into the Browns - the old Browns, that is, of Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Jim Brown …..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,592
    That's the thing though - -Pats fans will be shocked if they don't win at least 12 this year. And every year over the past 19.

• Agree Agree x 2