PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Mets/Jete Fans upset over Brady’s “Tom Terrific” trademark application lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom-Terrific-Golden.jpg

Im older than some dirt and i don't remember this cartoon :eek:

Last edited:
I would deny the application because I’ve never heard anyone call him Tom terrific

Douche move by Brady. Seaver has had that for years, and now he’s got dementia and his life is essentially over. Leave the name alone, Christ if GOAT isn’t enough just go by Giselle’s husband

Despite my Esiason rant (post #31), Brady ought to drop this, in my opinion. It was absolutely Seaver's nickname. But, the idiotic degree of reaction to this is kind of mind-numbing to me. It's as if he murdered someone.

Why are the Jets even commenting?

Douche move by Brady. Seaver has had that for years, and now he’s got dementia and his life is essentially over. Leave the name alone, Christ if GOAT isn’t enough just go by Giselle’s husband
Seaver has no use for it, why not let Brady have it? Seaver copped it himself from the kids' cartoon show, so he didn't exactly invent the title.

Optics are bad . The move is bad. This smells of bad advisors. Get a grip Tom.

Seaver has no use for it, why not let Brady have it? Seaver copped it himself from the kids' cartoon show, so he didn't exactly invent the title.

Respect

This is overkill.

Respect This is overkill.
What's 0verkill is righteous Seaver fans coming out of the woodwork decades late. If "respect" factored into this silly matter Seaver wouldn't have stolen it from the REAL Tom Terrific. That is, assuming he did actively cop the title and it wasn't bestowed upon him by fans or the media. Regardless, if it was important to him or his "brand" he would have copyrighted it himself. He didn't and it's a fair game opportunity for Brady or anyone else.

Not surprising the overreaction to this... New York sports fans and media are obsessed with Brady.

Despite my Esiason rant (post #31), Brady ought to drop this, in my opinion. It was absolutely Seaver's nickname. But, the idiotic degree of reaction to this is kind of mind-numbing to me. It's as if he murdered someone.

I doubt Brady even knew Seaver was called “Tom Terrific”

I doubt Brady even knew Seaver was called “Tom Terrific”
I agree. There's no way, in my opinion, Brady is the kind of guy who would knowingly do what jackasses like Esiason are suggesting he's done. And speaking of Esiason, maybe he should have known that George Scott was widely known as "Boomer" long before he was.

I just saw on the Ch. 4 news that the N Y rinks are holding a rally today which will include throwing Brady memorabilia into a vat of baked beans. You LITERALLY can't make this s### up...
I was all set to get the name "aszhole" trademarked but decide not to out of respect to everyone attending the rally.

Plus as others have pointed out, the cartoon existed in like the 1920s or something. There is something just douchey about trademarking something this generic too. I just don't like this move by Tom. Tell your lawyers to stop Tom please. I know you are reading this and follow my posts. Just listen to me. :)

To be honest, the other TMs he filed for like “Pharoah” just sound weird...

No doubt in my mind Guerrero whispers “Tom Terrific” as he kneads Brady’s glutes.

All I hear people everywhere saying is “why does Tom need to trademark this, to sell more t-shirts and hats? More branded ****? He already has the TB-12 brand for that why does he need something else. He’s so greedy.” And I agree. No one is gonna buy “Tom Terrific” branded merchandise as that’s pretty corny to be honest.

But I think it completely misses the point. It’s not for a line of merchandising, I think it’s a trademark for a future movie/biography. Something titled “Tom Terrific”. That’s why he’s doing this.

Plus as others have pointed out, the cartoon existed in like the 1920s or something. There is something just douchey about trademarking something this generic too. I just don't like this move by Tom. Tell your lawyers to stop Tom please. I know you are reading this and follow my posts. Just listen to me. :)
The cartoon hails from the late 1950s: Tom Terrific - Wikipedia

As you can tell from this episode, it was decades ahead of its time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes