PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Number of 2021 Mac Jones Starts

Im saying 6-8.

Here's a question. Should we expect the same as what Miami got from Tua last year. Similar Patriot styles right?

Mac Jones vs Tua Tagovailoa​

Both are Patriot-type for sure. Tua has cleaner mechanics, more arm talent and is better on the short stuff we're used to. Mac has slightly better anticipation, a better deep ball, more efficient and effective there and intermediate. Tua is more mobile but both had trouble when pressure was in close quarters. Both live off PA, that's where most of Mac's deep ball came off. And again he was a lot better than Tua here. Both had trouble coming off that 1st read. Very similar players in a lot of respects. Big difference was how effective Jones was deep compared to Tua.

I think he starts 6-8 games but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is a healthy scratch for most or all of September.

I think he starts 6-8 games but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is a healthy scratch for most or all of September.
I'd be shocked if the 15th overall was a healthy scratch. Even with the situation being as it is with Cam.

For me, the question is, is he the backup? If Cam goes down does Mac go in? Or does Stidham start the season as QB2?

I'd be shocked if the 15th overall was a healthy scratch. Even with the situation being as it is with Cam.
I just don't see him beating out Cam in camp especially with Bill's affinity for Cam. I am thinking it is a Jared Goff rookie year situation but then again I am not very high on Mac.

I'm having Deja Vu all over agin. Wasn't there a poll on this already?

I'm having Deja Vu all over agin. Wasn't there a poll on this already?
Nah, I tried when I started this thread, but couldn't figure out how to do it. The foggy old mind of mine just doesn't seem to be up to it. I would have liked a poll, but hey the discussion is proving very interesting.:)

Coach Bill plays Newton until the Pats are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, then and only then, will Mack Jones play. If the Patriots make the playoffs Jones will not play much at all this season and definitely will not start unless it's a meaningless game at the end of the season with playoff position clinched

Coach Bill plays Newton until the Pats are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, then and only then, will Mack Jones play. If the Patriots make the playoffs Jones will not play much at all this season and definitely will not start unless it's a meaningless game at the end of the season with playoff position clinched
It's Mac, not Mack. At least learn his name, it's not that tough.

"glad to mac meet ya..." ...old 3 Stooges joke

Some have mentioned that some aspects of Alabama’s offense is similar to the Patriots. I hope that’s true.

A hidden bonus is Sarkisian was the Atlanta Falcons coordinator for 2 years. So hopefully this makes Mac a little more pro-ready.

The sooner newton is on a bus headed out of town, the better off the patriots will be.

ps: someone needs to check his bags for stolen computers before he leaves town.

This is pretty f*cked up, dude.

Both are Patriot-type for sure. Tua has cleaner mechanics, more arm talent and is better on the short stuff we're used to. Mac has slightly better anticipation, a better deep ball, more efficient and effective there and intermediate. Tua is more mobile but both had trouble when pressure was in close quarters. Both live off PA, that's where most of Mac's deep ball came off. And again he was a lot better than Tua here. Both had trouble coming off that 1st read. Very similar players in a lot of respects. Big difference was how effective Jones was deep compared to Tua.
Also, Mac didn't have a father who forced him to play lefty.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back