PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now we find out how serious the Mini camp injuries were

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chandler seems pretty injury prone.

I hope he doesn't have a Shawn Crable-like career. (i.e.. always injured)

Really, how much time has he missed in his pro career?

Seriously, how the hell do you people come up with crap like this?

Last edited:
Is Ebert the fat one or the bald one? Also, how's Brady's shoulder these days -- that's what really worries me...

I think you can fully expect a season where Brady's shoulder is on the injury list every week. ;)

These were all based off various mini-camp reports by various reporters of varying veracity.

......Fred, Fred's neighbor, the guy behind the counter at Fred's corner donut shop.....

........and Jon Tomase.

Last edited:
From Reiss' quick hits:

The leg injury that landed Patriots seventh-round draft choice Jeremy Ebert (Northwestern) on the active/physically unable to perform list isn’t considered major, although it did occur in spring camps and is still limiting him. If Ebert isn’t ready to go at the start of training camp on Thursday, it could be tough for him to play catch-up to compete for a roster spot once healthy. The best course of action for him might be to stay on PUP, recover slowly, not be exposed to waivers at the final cut-down, and potentially enter the mix during the season.

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Between missing OTAs, getting a leg injury, and the veteran depth at WR, I'd say Ebert is really in a hole. Very hard to imagine him recovering to the point of competing for a roster spot this year. I like the PUP idea, with the PS as an eventual landing spot for this year.

As soon as I saw the topic and that it was started by Fred From Dartmouth, I knew it had to be a thread about the turf at Gillette. And surprise... it was!

And after visiting Wikipedia, I'm starting to "get" Fred a little better:
Round Hill (Located in Dartmouth) was the site of early-to-mid 20th century research into the uses of radio and microwaves for aviation and communication by MIT researchers. It is also the site of the Green Mansion, the estate of "Colonel" Edward Howland Robinson Green, a colorful character in his own right, who was son of the even more colorful and wildly eccentric Hetty Green, said to be the richest woman in the world in her time, who is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the "world's greatest miser". In 1936 the Colonel died, and the estate fell into disrepair as litigation between his wife and his sister continued for eight years over his vast fortune. Finally, Mrs. Hetty Sylvia Wilks, the Colonel's sister, was ruled the sole beneficiary. In 1948, she bequeathed the entire estate to MIT, which used it for microwave and laser experiments.

Dartmouth, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fred grew up way too close to where microwaves were being developed and is likely a direct descendant of the world's greatest miser. The hatred for the Gillette maintenance and grounds crew and general turf selection is probably just a mental fixation after being fired as a landscaper at some point in his life.

I knew it had to be a thread about the turf at Gillette.
Since the practice fields are several acres of manicured grass I'm beginning to wonder just what bad "turf" means. The only turf (man made) that I know of that could be sub par would be inside the bubble.

I just find it hilarious that there's a poster who's taken on a personal crusade against the Gillette Stadium practice turfs.

Fred, did you just suggest that the players got a freebie, automatically being declared fit to play without passing their physicals, because they were too injured to take the physical? :confused: That would be like automatically passing the vision test to get a driver's license on grounds of blindness.

Seriously.... in this country we only do that for firearms/ammo...

I just find it hilarious that there's a poster who's taken on a personal crusade against the Gillette Stadium practice turfs.

Maybe he owns a landscaping business nearby.

Since the practice fields are several acres of manicured grass I'm beginning to wonder just what bad "turf" means. The only turf (man made) that I know of that could be sub par would be inside the bubble.

You know that. I know that. But Fred is convinced that The Patriots organization (unbeknownst to them, but knownst to Fred) installed inferior and treacherous turf inside the stadium (and in the Field house) that is THE primary cause of injuries to the Pats players.

The second leading cause is Bernard Pollard.

Nearly every thread he starts seems to either start about the turf or turns to turf talk within 3 posts. He's very focused.

Is Ebert the fat one or the bald one? Also, how's Brady's shoulder these days -- that's what really worries me...

siskelebet.jpg

Ebert is the big one, siskel is the bald one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back