PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Now Hunter Henry signs with New England:

Agholor pulls a safety deep, Meyers keeps a CB2 outside. Defense is light? Maul them with your great OL and two good blocking TE's and let Harris go to work. Defense is heavy? Playaction the F**K out of it and see which of your good pass catching TE's are open in the seam.

Just saw on GET UP The Pats spent 300 million on free agency in the last ten years. They spent half of that yesterday in 10 minutes. It continues today. We're going to have to redefine "Patriots Way"
the Patriot Way is winning. Didn't Bill say in the 2 Bills he will build a team by whatever means necessary? Thru the draft, thru FA?

I felt there was something behind the scenes/off the field with asiasi last year. This kind of confirms they are giving up on him.

Henry was my preference over Smith as a TE target in FA. I NEVER dreamed we will get both. Holy schnickes, this is Christmas in March. I’ve never been so psyched. If we can get a QB in the 1st round, I’d be even MORE optimistic about the Pat’s chances.

The Pats offense has always been unstoppable when they had TWO good pass catching TEs, the old Gronk/Hernandez days and 8 games of Gronk/Bennett, the offense was unstoppable. They may actually have 3 now. I think Asiasi can be a good one as well. And we don’t know what we have in Keene. Now we don’t have to draft one.

the Patriot Way is winning. Didn't Bill say in the 2 Bills he will build a team by whatever means necessary? Thru the draft, thru FA?
Agreed! Bill has always tried to seek out value by zigging when other teams zagged. This time that means a free agent spending spree.

I felt there was something behind the scenes/off the field with asiasi last year. This kind of confirms they are giving up on him.

I won't say it's impossible, but given how often ALL tight ends get nicked up (not singling Henry out here because it's just a real tough position on the body), I'm guessing Asiasi still gets significant snaps by the end of the year... IF he's the guy who wins the third spot at TE. We also saw Tampa utilizing three tight ends on a rotation when they still had Gronk, Howard, and Brate, and the Ravens did it in 2019 when their offense burst onto the scene with Jackson. It definitely means they don't view Asiasi as the next great TE, but giving up is a bit strong, IMO.

I'm supposed to be out helping the wife do the back garden today as it's the first nice day we've had so far this year in Glasgow..

I keep running inside the house to see if there are any new signings, then running back out like a kid at Christmas after the news of more new weapons joining!!!

LFG PATS!!!

QB on a rookie/back-up contract may be allowing BB to spend more on other places.

Bill has decided to sign every free agent.

Love it. The two TE offense is back and the no TE offense is finished.

Bill is collecting talent.

After Henry’s comments about wanting to play with a good QB I didn’t think the Pats had any shot at him. Either he took the money without a good QB or Bill sold him on a future QB addition.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back