PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not Old I Guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many on here have been claiming he’s lost a step or two. Think after that INT the adrenaline helped him find where he’d stashed them.

Many on here have been claiming he’s lost a step or two. Think after that INT the adrenaline helped him find where he’d stashed them.
Straight line speed is still there. Can’t argue that. Quite a few defenders have looked slower though. Maybe I wasn’t giving enough thought to the fact that they might just not be reacting as quickly as usual due to MP leaving and Flores coming in. Could just be mostly mental.

For most of the season, he was doing things he wasn't used to in previous years... In-Box zones, Man-Covering TE, those were the tasks he was doing in the beginning. Now, he has been more of a pure Free Safety, staying back while being able to read the whole field and that is where he truly shines.

Quickness was never really DMac's game but speed always was. Which is why he has been an elite free safety but only about an average CB when it comes to man coverage.

If he can play facing the ball and closing up towards it he shows what impressive range he has.

He’s not old but will be soon. That’s the concern most people have. Same with a high number of key contributors, not even including TB12.

He had a twenty yard head start before he caught the ball. Caught it at full speed.

I don’t recall anyone questioning his speed, it’s when a player body’s him up is when he gets exposed.

Yup, mentioned this in Ken's "Idle Thoughts" weekly thread....

DMac still has em' wheels!

He has lost a step, just still has more than anyone else

What's the level above "Cheetah Speed"?

ludicrous-speed.jpg

NFL metrics are getting more and more sophisticated and not sure if that is good or bad. Soon the NFL will publish another statistical chart showing the fastest 40's or top speed for the year. My eyeball test says that McCourty was pretty damned fast when he returned that interception that is sufficient for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back