PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry I was wrong about Harry. On Jun 4, 2019 I thought Harry being slow and lack knowledge was the issue. The name calling experts knows best...

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job​

Sorry but Harry looks slow. Let’s hope that is due to lack knowledge of the drills. May need to lose 15lb to become NFL WR.
disagree count = ?

Last edited:
I can handle slow but his bad route running and lack of physicality are perplexing.
Teams were pumping Harry up and Bill got suckered into it.
the first alarm bell should have been his coach and cheerleader Herm Edwards who isnt exactly
the most intelligent or inventive head coach that ever lived

At this point I’m not even sure if I want them to bring in another wr before the deadline. Want to see what this team is made of and just save the draft picks. Can’t afford another Sanu. Finally 2 TE’s coming out of college that may be worth a first round pick. Another good receiver class. Whoevers picking these guys its not working out. I get that its BB as the final say but the scouts, system and QB’s aren’t producing results at the position.

That's all fine. Probably true (don't think the Steelers would agree but ok). Then why did he draft Harry then? He must have seen something with Harry that persuaded him to shove this principle aside in round 1 last year.
Oh I agree with you, I’m only just reiterating what Belichick had been reported as saying. Pittsburgh clearly knows what they’re doing drafting and developing WRs

We have little choice. But it is hard.

No. It's not hard unless you like living simplistically and without having any sort of actual context..

Thank you. Harry has shown flashes of his upside which should be enough, given the circumstances ( Covid limiting practicing, QB changes and injuries) to be patient long enough to see what his true upside will be.
Harry very well may be a bust but just too soon to make that call.

Oh I agree with you, I’m only just reiterating what Belichick had been reported as saying. Pittsburgh clearly knows what they’re doing drafting and developing WRs

Except when you take into consideration that Pittsburgh spends significantly more draft capital than the Patriots do. That's been proven ad nauseum on this board. 6 Picks in the Top 3 rounds since 2012.

Since 2012, here are the WRs picks that Pittsburgh has made:
2012 - Toney Clemons (7th)
2013 - Markus Wheaton (3rd), Justin Brown (6th)
2014 - Martavis Bryant (4th)
2015 - Sammie Coates (3rd)
2016 - DeMarcus Ayers (6th)
2017 - JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd)
2018 - James Washington (2nd)
2019 - Diontae Johnson (3rd)
2020 - Chase Claypool (2nd)

So, that's 10 picks. Bryant and Wheaton were flashes in the pan that the Steelers discarded before the end of the 1st contract. Washington is looking to be similar. So they seem to have hit on Schuster and Claypool.

The Pats, by comparison:
2012 - Jeremy Ebert (7th)
2013 - Dobson (2nd), Boyce (4th)
2014 - Jeremy Gallon (7th)
2015 - None
2016 - Mitchell (4th) ,Lucien (7th)
2017 - None
2018 - Berrios (6th)
2019 - Harry (1st)
2020 - None

Patriots have spent 2 picks on WR in the top 3 rounds since 2012.

So is it really a wonder that Pittsburgh seems to "hit" more? They spent 3 times as many picks in the upper rounds.

Except when you take into consideration that Pittsburgh spends significantly more draft capital than the Patriots do. That's been proven ad nauseum on this board. 6 Picks in the Top 3 rounds since 2012.

Since 2012, here are the WRs picks that Pittsburgh has made:
2012 - Toney Clemons (7th)
2013 - Markus Wheaton (3rd), Justin Brown (6th)
2014 - Martavis Bryant (4th)
2015 - Sammie Coates (3rd)
2016 - DeMarcus Ayers (6th)
2017 - JuJu Smith-Schuster (2nd)
2018 - James Washington (2nd)
2019 - Diontae Johnson (3rd)
2020 - Chase Claypool (2nd)

So, that's 10 picks. Bryant and Wheaton were flashes in the pan that the Steelers discarded before the end of the 1st contract. Washington is looking to be similar. So they seem to have hit on Schuster and Claypool.

The Pats, by comparison:
2012 - Jeremy Ebert (7th)
2013 - Dobson (2nd), Boyce (4th)
2014 - Jeremy Gallon (7th)
2015 - None
2016 - Mitchell (4th) ,Lucien (7th)
2017 - None
2018 - Berrios (6th)
2019 - Harry (1st)
2020 - None

Patriots have spent 2 picks on WR in the top 3 rounds since 2012.

So is it really a wonder that Pittsburgh seems to "hit" more? They spent 3 times as many picks in the upper rounds.

but look at how many 2nd round db’s we have drafted in comparison to the Steelers.

but look at how many 2nd round db’s we have drafted in comparison to the Steelers.

yes. Just keep offering nothing of actual value to threads, Ochmed. Why actually focus on what is being talked about?

You're bias is that you do nothing but S**T on this team. You're a troll.

Clearly you have reading comprehension issues because I never said that the Steelers didn't draft "better WR"s. I said that their success wasn't much different. And if you weren't such a buffoon, you'd know that to be FACTUAL. The Steelers have drafted significantly more "skill" players than the Patriots have. That's why it seems that their hit rate is higher.. It's not.

I'm the one who has a clue. You're the troll who comes out to crap on the team on a regular basis. That's why you have the nickname "Thelonoius the Erroneous" by numerous other posters on here.
Not a troll at all, unless you regard anybody who refuses to kiss your butt a troll, which is actually a distinct possibility. You in-crowd fanboys around here have such tender egos. Can't help ya. Maybe go on a diet or buy a stairmaster.

Not a troll at all, unless you regard anybody who refuses to kiss your butt a troll, which is actually a distinct possibility. You in-crowd fanboys around here have such tender egos. Can't help ya. Maybe go on a diet or buy a stairmaster.

The Bruins posters (same guy I think) are by far the most toxic on this entire forum

Nahhh you never have. You and an idiot and embarrassment.

Did you look into Ring 6 and Brady 6 being the same person. Both have 6 in their names.

Racist
LOL, what did he say that was racist? Legitimately interested.

Nahhh you never have. You and an idiot and embarrassment.

Did you look into Ring 6 and Brady 6 being the same person. Both have 6 in their names.

Racist

Look at how triggered this toxic clown is

Bruins is one of the 6 nerds in a group text who are belichick worshippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST