PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you throw your kid out just because he's not Einstein. Or even Elon Musk. Great thinking there.. Can we get rid of you instead since I've seen enough of your lax posting?
Yes, you can get rid of me use the ignore button. Harry still should get the boot.

Just to get past the million excuses for NKeal Harry (just like for Maroney, Chad Jackson, Michel), look at all the rookie WRs this year producing despite shortened covid training camp. Not just early picks but low pick guys.

Jefferson, Claypool, Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Higgins

Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault Jr., Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay, Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Collin Johnson, Darnell Mooney and Donovan Peoples-Jones
--
14 rookies this year. All better than NKeal Harry

Not to pour salt but here are 8 WRs from 2019 all taken after Harry who are putting up way more productivity.

Acting like Rambo last year is what got him hurt, fighting for another yard is what caused the fumble last week. I want Harry to understand the season is a marathon and not a sprint, some fans here should learn that as well.

His yards after stats look small because of small sample size and a couple short gainers. He has caught multiple slants, seam routes and some back shoulder throws downfield. Stop actively searching for something wrong and what you'll see is a big physical athletic WR who has no issues "separating."

Feed that man, keep him healthy, watch him thrive.

Well, if you were N'Keal's mom, you might call him a "big, physical athletic WR," but an objective observer who attends to the facts will call him the most obvious flaming bust in the dismal recent history of Pats WR draftees. He's sluggish, clueless, slow and clumsy. It looks like some stumblebum from the 70's Combat Zone took a wrong turn and found his way onto the field. Trade him for whatever, down to and including nothing whatever. He's had his chance.

And steal a scout from the Steelers so we can finally draft a little competence at WR. Not kidding. C'mon now: this is ridiculous.

I haven't read much of this thread. I can't believe people have the time and energy to whine about Harry for 15 pages...and really its much more than that...the crying and complaining....my god.

Nah, it’s all N’Keal’s fault. :rolleyes:
You should remember that Chatham would probably let BB overdose on Ex-Lax and take a dump on his chest. He’s a massive BB fart sniffer. Since I’m absolutely sure he browses this forum, perhaps he can sign up for an account and explain why he said the same crap last season and the issues in the passing game still persist into this season? Because it isn’t all on Cam. Further, he has no clue where Cam was in his progression on the times receivers were able to get open (late, I might add). That’s not to defend Cam either because God knows he hasn’t been great unless he’s playing a bad secondary, but Chatham’s analysis in 2019 still has not aged well in 2020. That’s because he’s a homer.

Last edited:
I haven't read much of this thread. I can't believe people have the time and energy to whine about Harry for 15 pages...and really its much more than that...the crying and complaining....my god.
You haven’t read much of the thread, but you know what people have been doing in the thread? You must have an IQ that’s off the charts.

You should remember that Chatham would probably let BB overdose on Ex-Lax and take a dump on his chest. He’s a massive BB fart sniffer. Since I’m absolutely sure he browses this forum, perhaps he can sign up for an account and explain why he said the same crap last season and the issues in the passing game still persist into this season? Because it isn’t all on Cam. Further, he has no clue where Cam was in his profession on the times receivers were able to get open (late, I might add). That’s not to defend Cam either because God knows he hasn’t been great unless he’s playing a bad secondary, but Chatham’s analysis in 2019 still has not aged well in 2020. That’s because he’s a homer.
I am a homer for sure and "In Bill we trust" has served this franchise well. But I also trust my eyes and what I'm seeing on the field. I'm not one of those Harry is a bust and cut him now types but there is no denying that to date, he's not produced the way we all hoped a first rounder (albeit a late one) would. The issues in the passing game are in fact the same as last year. I don't think there can be much debate on that. This is not a Cam issue. We've gotten Zero TE production to date and the WR position as it is currently constructed is weak. Part of that is Harry's struggles but, our number 1 is in his mid 30's and he's been working through a seemingly endless series of injuries. The dude has been incredible for us but he's sacrificed his body and the horrible hits he seems to take every game look to be catching up with him.
This is a transition year for the franchise and I just don't want to see 2021 draft capital burned in a trade for a middling WR this year. It's almost always an overpay and with this system, I can't recall a WR coming in during the season and having much of an impact. If things break well for us, we can compete and a division title might be possible. But I'm under no illusions that this team is a viable Super Bowl contender in 2020. I'm going to enjoy the rebuild and hope that management does a better job of drafting and developing the WR position, starting with the the 2021 draft. The passing game needs to be invested in, regardless of who the QB is.

You should remember that Chatham would probably let BB overdose on Ex-Lax and take a dump on his chest. He’s a massive BB fart sniffer. Since I’m absolutely sure he browses this forum, perhaps he can sign up for an account and explain why he said the same crap last season and the issues in the passing game still persist into this season? Because it isn’t all on Cam. Further, he has no clue where Cam was in his profession on the times receivers were able to get open (late, I might add). That’s not to defend Cam either because God knows he hasn’t been great unless he’s playing a bad secondary, but Chatham’s analysis in 2019 still has not aged well in 2020. That’s because he’s a homer.

Right the scoring issues were there with Brady too last year, so let's not pretend these receivers are good. Pats offense barely scored the second half of last season.

I generally disregard Chatham because he is such an over the top homer and doesn't think Bill has ever made a mistake in his entire career. He is also one of those "oh yeah well I actually played the game!" type hardos when anyone dare challenge his analysis. That being said I agree with you that Cam isn't without fault here. He held the ball way too long and outside of one game hasn't really threw the ball well.

I generally disregard Chatham because he is such an over the top homer and doesn't think Bill has ever made a mistake in his entire career. He is also one of those "oh yeah well I actually played the game!" type hardos when anyone dare challenge his analysis. That being said I agree with you that Cam isn't without fault here. He held the ball way too long and outside of one game hasn't really threw the ball well.
His analysis can’t even hold a candle to Bird Boy Lazar, who didn’t even play the game. That’s why Chatham will never be anything more than some local yahoo that people on this board reference, but who is a nobody nationally.

Right the scoring issues were there with Brady too last year, so let's not pretend these receivers are good. Pats offense barely scored the second half of last season.

It is much, much worse this year. Pats were 7th scoring last year at season's end. The Pats right now are at 25.

Not to pour salt but here are 8 WRs from 2019 all taken after Harry who are putting up way more productivity.

Yep. And also some guys drafted in that range that also have been worse than Harry:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside (2nd round, #57 by Phi): 11 rec, 206 yds, 1 td
Parris Campbell (2nd round, #58 by Ind): 24 rec, 198 yds, td

A bunch of guys in the 4th round, etc.

It's the player. It's the system. It's not getting hurt (like Harry was). It's a lot of things.

You're insulting Aaron's ability. He was juking guys out of their shoes. He was awesome in the open field.
Not very good at evidence destruction however.

You should remember that Chatham would probably let BB overdose on Ex-Lax and take a dump on his chest. He’s a massive BB fart sniffer. Since I’m absolutely sure he browses this forum, perhaps he can sign up for an account and explain why he said the same crap last season and the issues in the passing game still persist into this season? Because it isn’t all on Cam. Further, he has no clue where Cam was in his progression on the times receivers were able to get open (late, I might add). That’s not to defend Cam either because God knows he hasn’t been great unless he’s playing a bad secondary, but Chatham’s analysis in 2019 still has not aged well in 2020. That’s because he’s a homer.
The BB worshippers on this forum are a group of 5-6 nerds who are close friends and they have their own BB love fest group text. I’m pretty sure Chatham himself is their cult leader.

The BB worshippers on this forum are a group of 5-6 nerds who are close friends and they have their own BB love fest group text. I’m pretty sure Chatham himself is their cult leader.
Chatham probably has a BB fathead that’s stuck to his ceiling with a protein adhesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes