PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing we got rid of that albatross and let him head to Tampa.
“Got rid of...” ?????

“Let him.....” ?????

In your mind, free agents possess no free will at all, right?

not one compliment about Harry from BB. Read between the lines
He asked about Harry, responded, but then said "everybody." Harry, like the rest of the offense, played like crap.
You should remember that Chatham would probably let BB overdose on Ex-Lax and take a dump on his chest. He’s a massive BB fart sniffer. Since I’m absolutely sure he browses this forum, perhaps he can sign up for an account and explain why he said the same crap last season and the issues in the passing game still persist into this season? Because it isn’t all on Cam. Further, he has no clue where Cam was in his progression on the times receivers were able to get open (late, I might add). That’s not to defend Cam either because God knows he hasn’t been great unless he’s playing a bad secondary, but Chatham’s analysis in 2019 still has not aged well in 2020. That’s because he’s a homer.
Well, I'm a homer. And I don't really care. It's a NEP fans football site, not astrophysics. I'm not an armchair GM. Maybe I will read Chatham, which I don't usually do unless an article is posted here.

“Got rid of...” ?????

“Let him.....” ?????

In your mind, free agents possess no free will at all, right?
Not sure what your position is on the subject by my feeling is he wanted to be here and Bill made it clear last year in camp that 2019 would be his last year here. I didn’t want him to go and think our offense wouldn’t be lighting it up but I think it would be better than it is right now.

LOL at people claiming Brady would have "Frozen Out" DK Metcalf. Brady likes good WRs, hates bad WRs. Metcalf is not only a good WR, he has talent to be a GREAT Wr. In training camp, he would have abused smaller DBs, got open, caught the ball, and brady would have loved him. Don't make this into rocket science. NOT ONE Wr that Brady has shunned has gone on to be NFL Quality anywhere else.

Lastly, if you think a Calvin Johnson Clone in DK Metcalf wouldn't fit "our system" then change our system!!!!
Harry over Metcalf is mind boggling

Not very good at evidence destruction however.
What would've been sad for the Lloyd family is that had it not been for the bubble gum in the dash, he probably walks. The Hertz employee saved the case.

Harry over Metcalf is mind boggling
Yes it is. Please show your post where you stated that Metcalf should be picked above every other received in that draft class. Thank you.

I can promise you I do look at things through a lens but it is not s**t covered. It is BB covered for sure. I am biased and I have favorites, Edelman has a life time pass. He can't do any wrong. He has paid his dues.
Harry on the other hand does not garner any confidence in me, I see that he can jump and make contested catches but that is just playing with fire. Lets see how this plays out over the years. If you happen to be right about Harry, you will become my favorite poster.

Edelman took how many years to become effective? 5 years. You can't sit there and say that Edelman garnered confidence from you early on. Especially when he missed 16 of 64 games due to injury in his 1st 4 years.

People knock Harry for the games last year, but when they went to him, he did decently enough. And it's known that Brady ended up freezing him out unless he was specifically told to go to Harry. And we know that Harry started the 1st two games this year with a shoulder injury. But he still produced.

Is the kid perfect? Hell no. Never claimed he was. He need to work on getting into and out of his breaks and he needs to work on getting off the line better. I would hope that Troy Brown and Mick Lombardi would be working on these with the kid. Or put him in motion so he already has the momentum when he hits the line.

One of the telling things that people overlook is that after 3 games, Harry was ranked 27th in the league in terms of getting separation at 3.7 yards. I don't know what it is now, but it was mentioned back then. Hardly the "he can't get open" that people claim.

What's interesting is that Deion Branch wasn't an over-night sensation either. He was 43 of 68 for 489 his rookie year. That's the sort of production (or better) I'm hoping from with Harry. The difference between the two is that Harry is a much better Run Blocker. My one wish is that they'd use Harry in the Red Zone more.. But we knew this offense would be a RUN first offense. Especially with bring Cam in. Which is another thing people ignore.

I've been the one advocating for people to let things play out. The haters on this board don't want to do that. They are all about the "NOW". Your other posts put you in that category. The one I'm responding to seems like you are willing to let it play out..

Where is crisp route runner we saw in college and at the combine? Where’s the guy who regularly got 5+ yac? Where’s the guy with so many moves some people thought he could be a good punt returner? Where’s the guy ASU would just run screens and reverses for because he was good with the ball in his hands like Patterson?

He should be better than he is so far.

Not sure what draft profiles you saw, but none of them said that Harry was a crisp route runner. The one flaw in Harry that everyone mentioned was that he didn't run crisp routes and needed work on selling his breaks. That he had excellent straight line speed but his lateral movement weren't in the elite class.

Could you please link the posts that claimed he might be a good punt returner? I never saw them.

It's devastating to see 14 rookie WRs this year outplaying 13-game, 2-year vet and first round pick NKeal Harry. Aaron Dobson was a bust and now I fear NKeal won't even get to Dobson production numbers.

Claiming that Harry is a "2nd year vet" is laughable. Guy didn't have an actual Training Camp either year and he missed half his first season with an injury.

You'll do anything to crap on Harry..

Not sure what draft profiles you saw, but none of them said that Harry was a crisp route runner. The one flaw in Harry that everyone mentioned was that he didn't run crisp routes and needed work on selling his breaks. That he had excellent straight line speed but his lateral movement weren't in the elite class.

Could you please link the posts that claimed he might be a good punt returner? I never saw them.
Stephen White, a former NFL player, wrote about both of these attributes. I'll try to find the link. Fwiw, I suspect Har5y's problem is thinking too much on the field.

Exactly. McDaniels is like 0/15 on WR picks as a Pats OC. Every good skill player was taken under O'Brien or Weiss.

Wow. More made up BS.. Notice how you can't be bothered to name all these "skill" players taken under McDaniels that were busts.

James White. Malcolm Mitchell. Sony Michel. Braxton Berrios.

What do they all have in common? They were all drafted under McDaniels. And though Berrios was cut, he's playing decently for the JETES.. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Wow. More made up BS.. Notice how you can't be bothered to name all these "skill" players taken under McDaniels that were busts.

James White. Malcolm Mitchell. Sony Michel. Braxton Berrios.

What do they all have in common? They were all drafted under McDaniels. And though Berrios was cut, he's playing decently for the JETES.. Gotta give credit where it's due.

You don't even realize it's a pretty sad list aside from James White over 8 years recently plus 4 years from 05-08

Well, if you were N'Keal's mom, you might call him a "big, physical athletic WR," but an objective observer who attends to the facts will call him the most obvious flaming bust in the dismal recent history of Pats WR draftees. He's sluggish, clueless, slow and clumsy. It looks like some stumblebum from the 70's Combat Zone took a wrong turn and found his way onto the field. Trade him for whatever, down to and including nothing whatever. He's had his chance.

And steal a scout from the Steelers so we can finally draft a little competence at WR. Not kidding. C'mon now: this is ridiculous.

The Steelers are no better than the Patriots at drafting WRs. This has been proven ad naseum. You're choosing to ignore reality.

The Steelers offense is also not as complex as the Patriots. Again, something you choose to ignore.

You're not remotely close to an "objective observer".

Claiming that Harry is sluggish, clueless slow and clumsy is PROOF of your ridiculous bias. The only one looking like a stumblebum is you. Seriously.

Claiming that Harry is a "2nd year vet" is laughable. Guy didn't have an actual Training Camp either year and he missed half his first season with an injury.

You'll do anything to crap on Harry..

I posted a list of 14 rookie WRs who are doing better. So forget Harry being in his second year. 14 rookies this year under short covid training camp are all better than Harry

also that he didn't get much separation in college. A lot of times he did and will have to in the pros rely on his big frame to position his self to catch balls.

sidenote:
DK Metcalf..nobody was high on him...including draft experts. I think he is performing better than expected.

Last edited:
I posted a list of 14 rookie WRs who are doing better. So forget Harry being in his second year. 14 rookies this year under short covid training camp are all better than Harry
Blame needs to be put on BB and or McDaniel's. It's not Harry's fault they won't throw him the damn ball. Only 2 targets for a 1st round pick is unacceptable.

Why won't they throw him the ball? Are they waiting for 10 yards of separation? I'm quite surprised the Boston media has been soft like Charmin not asking why a 1st round pick is not getting the ball?

It's one thing if they are throwing him the ball and he's not making any plays, but it's tough to s**t on a player when his own coaches are phasing him out.

Edelman took how many years to become effective? 5 years. You can't sit there and say that Edelman garnered confidence from you early on. Especially when he missed 16 of 64 games due to injury in his 1st 4 years.

People knock Harry for the games last year, but when they went to him, he did decently enough. And it's known that Brady ended up freezing him out unless he was specifically told to go to Harry. And we know that Harry started the 1st two games this year with a shoulder injury. But he still produced.

Is the kid perfect? Hell no. Never claimed he was. He need to work on getting into and out of his breaks and he needs to work on getting off the line better. I would hope that Troy Brown and Mick Lombardi would be working on these with the kid. Or put him in motion so he already has the momentum when he hits the line.

One of the telling things that people overlook is that after 3 games, Harry was ranked 27th in the league in terms of getting separation at 3.7 yards. I don't know what it is now, but it was mentioned back then. Hardly the "he can't get open" that people claim.

What's interesting is that Deion Branch wasn't an over-night sensation either. He was 43 of 68 for 489 his rookie year. That's the sort of production (or better) I'm hoping from with Harry. The difference between the two is that Harry is a much better Run Blocker. My one wish is that they'd use Harry in the Red Zone more.. But we knew this offense would be a RUN first offense. Especially with bring Cam in. Which is another thing people ignore.

I've been the one advocating for people to let things play out. The haters on this board don't want to do that. They are all about the "NOW". Your other posts put you in that category. The one I'm responding to seems like you are willing to let it play out..
Your point on Edelman is unsurprisingly ridiculous. Edelman was a college QB and a 7th round pick. Harry was a three year starter at receiver in college. Edelman still had more catches and more yards in his rookie year than Harry has had in his career. Harry is also starting this year and is still doing nothing. Edelman's first year as a starter he caught over 100 passes for 1000 yards. Good players produce, bad players don't.

You don't even realize it's a pretty sad list aside from James White over 8 years recently plus 4 years from 05-08

Gotta love the spin. You have your entire schtick destroyed (you claimed 0/15) and can't even put up how many "skill picks" they made since 2011.

For the sake of being generous: Skill picks = RB, WR, TE

For 2005-2008: Total "skill picks" = 6 (7 if you include Matt Slater)
David Thomas. Laurence Maroney (not a bust, but not a superstar either).

For 2012-2018: Total "skill picks" = 10

6 of 16 > 0 of 15.

We could have had Chubb,Sutton,Ridley,Dk Metcalf,AJ Brown,Deebo Samuel,Hunter Renfrow,Andy isabella ,Terry mclaurin,Meclone hardman,Drew lock.

Instead we took SonyJarvis Green Michal and One Pump Chump(Nkeal Harry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes