PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry appreciation thread

Where you can blame Harry is him not knowing the complete playbook in and out after 3 years, thats really disappointing

I still remember the play where Mac Jones literally had to yell at N'Keal Harry before he would run the motion that the play dictated. By the time 10 cent brain Harry moved, the play was busted and Mac had to throw the ball away cos the play was pretty much dead in the water. That play right there is just so Harry in a nutshell.

LOL You really think Mac Jones is not throwing to him on purpose? If he were open, Mac Jones would get the ball to him. This is the same conspiracy theory that said Brady was hating on N'Keal Harry on purpose. As hindsight shows that is completely hogwash. N'Keal Harry doesn't get catches cos he is molasses slow and doesn't create separation. On the occasional chance that N'Keal Harry would get open, he often messes up and injures himself instead of running under the ball and catching it. :poop::poop::poop:

Never said it was mac’s fault. Maybe the play isn’t being called. Our red zone play calling has been suspect at best most of the first half. Yes harry has mostly been a dump but why not try and use the things he could actually help at when we have clear room for improvement there.

I’ve always had a soft spot for N’Keal and will root for him so long as he’s here.

I’m not optimistic about him developing into a well-rounded WR, but he has his niche currently. As others have said, it’s bizarre that he isn’t getting deep-shots/red-area targets.

Yup it must be Mac Jones fault. He's falling into the Tom Brady trap of not throwing to our best player on the field! Darn it! Why are all these New England QBs so blind!? :rofl:

Never said it was mac’s fault. Maybe the play isn’t being called. Our red zone play calling has been suspect at best most of the first half. Yes harry has mostly been a dump but why not try and use the things he could actually help at when we have clear room for improvement there.
Josh McDaniels has enough trouble utilizing both tight ends. Forcing for him to account for a 7th option WR might just make his head explode. Josh McDaniels playcalling would deserve its own thread entirely if you want to take him to task. :excited:

Josh McDaniels has enough trouble utilizing both tight ends. Forcing for him to account for a 7th option WR might just make his head explode. Josh McDaniels playcalling would deserve its own thread entirely if you want to take him to task. :excited:

I’m on it man. I have been planning a Malcolm Butler thread too

If you look at the number of snaps played, and particularly the number played on pass plays the amount of targets probably is somewhat normal.

• Wow!
Reactions: PP2
That is ridiculous and needs to stop. He’s arguably their most consistent WR. I can’t stand that about Bill.
It depends on the fumble. This was a bad fumble, he caught it, had time to turn and see there was traffic, had the 1st down, and still fumbled it. Benching him the rest of the day and giving Harry a shot is fine with me.

All of Stevan Ridley's fumbles were bad technique- except in the AFCCG vs BAL when Pollard knocked him out cold and he dropped the ball.

I remember during a run Patrick Pass DROPPED the ball when he pulled his hamstring.

Last edited:
I'm bullish on Harry. This is only his 2nd full season of action, he's only appeared in 26 games. But he's almost 24, is physically and mentally mature, in his 3rd year learning the system, has been through a lot in terms of injuries and mistakes, and now has a very accurate QB. I think he's more likely to succeed than fail over the next 5 seasons, and I expect his numbers to go up starting this weekend.

It depends on the fumble. This was a bad fumble, he caught it, had time to turn and see there was traffic, had the 1st down, and still fumbled it.
Yeah, you could see the fumble coming from a mile away considering how he was handling the football with all those Chargers around him.

Weekly conversation in Foxboro: the OLine has been looking great the last 2 weeks with Onwenu at RT.
OC: "but he's a guard.... "
Staff: "Well he was an elite NFL RT last year, and the OLine has finally gotten back on track by putting Onwenu at RT and Karras at LG".
OC: "but... he's a guard, this doesn't make any sense in my head. How about Durant or Cajuste again at RT, those guys are tackles.... ?"

Mac has thrown fades to Agholar and Myers a few times this season to no success. Harry should be getting those throws. He caught one from Hoyer and he's better at those types of up for grabs throws.

Nah - with his NINE drops so far this year we'd be complaining about how we took this injury plagued butter fingered stiff over AJ Brown and Metcalf, but that's the nature of the beast.

Brown & Samuel were I thought the best WRs available, in that order, at pick #32... Harry was in the next pack with, but still behind, McLaurin & Metcalf... I was just happy that Bill drafted a WR there... Not my first choice, but I figure he must be a mad dog who loves to destroy CB in all phases of the offense; and we had just won the SB for the 3rd time in the last 5 seasons, so...

George Kittle, who was still available with the pick Bill gave Indy for Allen, would be even better... just sayin'...
Yea but Allen helped them win a SB so who gives a ****.

It depends on the fumble. This was a bad fumble, he caught it, had time to turn and see there was traffic, had the 1st down, and still fumbled it. Benching him the rest of the day and giving Harry a shot is fine with me.

The line to gain was the 23; Bourne fumbled at the 28/29... If he had not fumbled, Folk would've been attempting a 46/47-yard FG on the next play.

Last edited:

Absolutely.

NKeal has been increasing his production by well over 50%. This guy's Instagram workouts are really paying off. It would suck to have to trade him for, say, a DeSean Jackson straight up given how old DeSean is, but this guy has a really bright future and I think in a different offense with a different coordinator he could really shine.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back