PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nink facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like Christmas morning for Felger, Massarotti, Volin, Borges etc....

@robertweathers nailed it about Nink not making the roster.
I didn't think it would be b/c he was suspended! LOL.

With what Mingo did last night and the suspension that doesn't exactly curb the speculation.

Disappointed. But I'm not sure if I should be anymore, certainly not shocked, but disappointed never the less. My question do we still believe that most if not all are cheating with PED's and if so, should we accept it?

Disappointed. But I'm not sure if I should be anymore, certainly not shocked, but disappointed never the less. My question do we still believe that most if not all are cheating with PED's and if so, should we accept it?
Probably are. Allegedly not that hard to get around it.

Due to a torn triceps muscle, Ninkovich hoped to return at some point in September. Now, no need to rush back. Eligible in Week 5.

Best suspension ever! Another free roster spot?o_O

Gotta luv it!
A Goodell punishment backfire that helps the Patriots!

quick question. If this is Ninko's first run at the drug policy why is it a 4 game suspension. Don't they get a first crack at the apple, or if you are Leveon Bell, you get 3 or 4 cracks at the apple and STILL don't get a 4 game suspension.

In other words is a first offense of the PED rules an automatic 4 gamer?

This is like Christmas morning for Felger, Massarotti, Volin, Borges etc....

If a negative story appears in the woods and the story not only doesn't get read, but hikers actually use the paper to wipe their butts, then, well,

who the hell cares?

quick question. If this is Ninko's first run at the drug policy why is it a 4 game suspension. Don't they get a first crack at the apple, or if you are Leveon Bell, you get 3 or 4 cracks at the apple and STILL don't get a 4 game suspension.

PED are looked at differently than recreational drugs.

So how many games in the first 4 weeks do the Patriots win before the league commences the investigation into the timing of Nink's injury recovery, his suspension and the "free" roster spot? You know the thought has occurred.

The guy has been a warrior for this team but lets step back for a minute.
He's injured, older and on the back nine of his career. I'm not saying this is going to happen but when you look at guys like Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins etc... the coach always tries to make the move on a guy sooner than later. If Mingo, Flowers, Long, Sheard, McClellin re all productive after 4 weeks would it surprise anyone if he wasn't brought back? Especially this year with roster spots at a premium at other positions. I would be dissapointed but based on all the factors i wouldn't be surprised

Somewhere, GeeNo Grossem is smiling...

Personally I think the majority of pro athletes are "enhanced". Be it baseball players popping amphetamines to stay alert or football players doing HGH to recover. I have zero problem with it and feel like the stigma of it being cheating is outdated and should end.

The NFL has separate policies covering substance abuse and performance-enhancing drugs. The two policies differ in enforcement. A look:

In the PED policy, players are tested at the scouting combine before their rookie seasons. Once they are in the league, players can be tested in the offseason, during the season and in the postseason.

A positive test results in an immediate four-game suspension.

Players can appeal the suspension within five business days of receiving “notice of

NFL’s substance abuse and performance-enhancing drugs policies – The Denver Post

To believe this would require you to accept that Ninkovich was willing to give up 25% of his salary and take on a negative reputation in a contract year, while giving his potential replacement a chance to showcase his skills and tank his negotiating leverage, all to hand the team an extra roster space for 4 weeks.

In short, it's such a stupid theory that even after the last year and a half of deflategate I still think it's too stupid to get any traction.

You should never underestimate the brain behind conspiracy theory ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes