PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nink facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what proven productive pass rushers with high sack totals do we have on our line?

Sad that this happened to Ninkovich. I hope he files a lawsuit against the company whose product he bought that was tainted with the banned substance. These companies shouldn't be selling food products without the full ingredients divulged..

wow ninko cheated

didnt expect that.

wow ninko cheated

didnt expect that.

Just a reminder:

player failing drug test ≠ player cheated.

Now, of course, it normally is the case that they are one in the same. But there are enough false positives that, when that player denies cheating, we can't be sure. I give Rodney credit for flat out admitting that he cheated and explaining why.

Disappointed. But I'm not sure if I should be anymore, certainly not shocked, but disappointed never the less. My question do we still believe that most if not all are cheating with PED's and if so, should we accept it?

The vast, vast majority of elite athletes in all sports are on PEDs of some sort. Its the simple truth. It just happens to be pretty obvious in the NFL. This includes our team. This isn't cheating (by anyone) because essentially its a level playing field. All the players likely have access to the same level of off label pharma.

Personally, I think its a travesty they have to live in secret about it. Its gotta be stressful. As much as it pains me to say this, Peyton's recent "brush" with the long **** of the NFL law (and goofy subsequent rescuing by Goodell) was especially stupid. We really won't let a professional athlete with a serious health condition whose job depends on physical ability use a substance (HGH) with proven medical utility for said condition, simply because its arbitrarily banned? Side point, since HGH is hard to test for (and the players union hamstrung the testing process), HGH is gonna be one of the most used PEDs in the NFL. JJ Watt didn't get that non-natural fat-free mass index and caveman brow by hard training and clean diet alone now.

I could go on. Reddit usually breaks it down more articulately than me, however. Try r/steroids and r/PEDs.

Also - Nink absolutely could have been popped by a stupid GNC test booster or something. Most of the time those supps are nothing but horseshit and arsenic but occasionally, they slip actual roids into them. Then they get banned, shut down, whatever. But not after some money is made.

So we get a 4 week PUP for him? That's awesome!

We should do this with all our players who get injured in camp...

I highly recommend a daily dose of hGH for an injured player followed by 4 weeks of suspension, er....recovery.

Nothing to activate him from. He would have made the team and been a game-day inactive. Now he's on the suspended list instead and the Pats get an extra roster spot for those 4 games. So could be "better" for us if Nink was going to miss 4 weeks anyway.

The money out of his pocket is probably also a cap saving.

So we get a 4 week PUP for him? That's awesome!

We should do this with all our players who get injured in camp...
Yet Nink is going to have to forfeit four game checks so it sucks for him.

Sad that this happened to Ninkovich. I hope he files a lawsuit against the company whose product he bought that was tainted with the banned substance. These companies shouldn't be selling food products without the full ingredients divulged..
To be fair, nobody ever says they did PEDs, hard to believe all these busts and none of them are PEDs according to the player. Not saying Ninks story is false but, I take all of the PED stories with a grain of salt. He does sound sincere and he's a stand up guy so maybe he'll come with some proof if possible.

Last edited:
What's potentially going to be interesting about this season:

Last year, the Patriots started out healthy and then began losing crucial/significant players.
This year, the Patriots are starting out shorthanded and will be getting crucial/significant players back.

So lets see how fresh blood will be coming in:

Cooper/Mason, McClellin, Mitchell -- probably after week 1 (not full participants yet)
Brady + Ninkovich -- week 5
Lewis, Tre, possibly Vollmer, possibly Amendola -- week 7-11
+
they can still stash someone on IR and bring (one) back after week 8
like LeBlanc, E.Roberts (K.Martin and Gaffney limped out of the locker room yesterday)

LOL, can they alternate viewing parties over the 4 weeks ?

It actually depends on the "offense". Josh Gordon is allowed to be with the team during his 4 games this year.
you know I'm really curious to see if he's still allowed to be around team during suspension since Gordon is for the same thing......but since he's a Patriot, well we all know how that goes..

Ninkovich originally came from the Saints.

I blame them and their tainted Superbowl.

So can Tom and Rob chill together while they're both suspended 4 games? They can't have contact with the team, but can they have contact with a teammate who also can't have contact with the team?

why don't they just announce what the supplement was? what is the point of keeping it a secret

why don't they just announce what the supplement was? what is the point of keeping it a secret

I don't believe the CBA (or maybe HIPAA) allows them to release it without the player's permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes