Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow.

Last edited:
Probably injury-related.

Was my favorite Jet (short list, yeah) forever. What a great and tough player. And yeah, if he had anything left, I'd be all for having him on a #iwantaring-deal.

Wondering how serious that ankle injury was.

Seems like it was a nagging thing, and he pushed too hard in rehab to come back and aggravated it. If that's the case, a few months off might help.

Nick Mangold says 'stupidity' caused setback with injured ankle

He could be a reasonable upgrade to Andrews if healthy. Jets fans would go ballistic watching another former high-profile Jet win a championship with the Patriots.

Jets are targeting Logan Ryan and or Hightower I bet and bet they go after Romo Or Cutler.

Depends on the price.

Im confident Belichick knows how to manage their money. Mangold is an exceptional player and I'm sure he would love to win a ring before he hangs them up. And David Andrews could have no better mentor.

That said it would make jet fans heads explode, and that's always fun.

Sign the beast.

I think with the center position what it is Brady also most probably has some influence on it (as he supposedly had with the Stork release when he made his preference for Andrews known).

Worth to kick the tires if he is interested in some kind of very cheap deal.

If we sign this beast, what compensation could we get from trading Andrews, a SB champion center?

This shouldn't be unexpected. The Jets are in cap hell and are going for a total rebuild. No one can question the type of player Mangold WAS. The question is what kind of player he IS now. Is the ankle a blip on the radar, or is it something chronic?

David Andrews has performed admirably for the better part of 2 seasons. He exceeded WELL beyond any expectations. But the fact is the best he's going to be is OK, which he was all season. He is simply physically limited. IF Mangold has anything left in the tank, it would be a serious upgrade to have him here on a 2 year deal to finish his career with a REAL chance at a ring.

The fact is the Pats will have more than enough cap room to fit him under our cap. @Miguel probably knows more about the details, but we should be able to sign him to this kind of a deal that protects everyone. Something like $3MM guaranteed if he makes the final 53 and an additional $2-3MM depending on how many games he starts. I think that would equal what he would have made this season with the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back