PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 16 Games

The Ravens are garbage, the Seahawks have lost the core of their defense and still almost crawled back into the game. The Chargers game was lost so many times for the Jags before LA gave the game back to the Jags again and again that I am not even sure I would count that one as a positive.

The only statement win was against the Steelers on an evening where they made Ben melt down.

And again my point is not that they are bad or average on defense. They are good - no question. But I dont really see anything special from them except their ability to come up with turnovers. Certainly not such an amazing defense as their DVOA would make you believe. The same is true for the Ravens imho

Eh, you can nitpick your way through any team's schedule like that. Given the same number of caveats, I can make almost any team look like they haven't won a meaningful game this year.

I can even do it for the Pats: "they caught the Saints and Falcons in the middle of cold streaks where their offenses weren't performing, they got to beat up on an AFC West division that's going to be won by a 10-6 team because nobody in it's very good, they got to beat up on AFCE also-rans and even then they managed to lose to a crappy Cutler-led Dolphins team. The only really good team they beat was the Steelers, and even that comes with an asterisk because they lost Antonio Brown in the second quarter and the refs took a touchdown off the board at the end of the game."

*I don't actually believe this is accurate, just pointing out that you can do it with just about anyone. The Jaguars played a pretty decent schedule and are 10-5. They beat most of the bad teams they played and went .500 against the solid teams they played, and in the NFL that makes you a division winner and a contender. They're about as good as a Blake Bortles-quarterbacked team can reasonably hope to be, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the divisional round or the conference championship because they're clearly one of the top four teams in the AFC.

The Jaguars did beat the Ravens, Steelers, Chargers and Seahawks and the defense was the driving force behind all four wins. I would say they've played a pretty average schedule.

The problem for the Jags is consistency. On good days, they're pretty good and the defense is very good. On bad days, they're less than average, and the offense drags down the defense. And, if you look at the season, it's been pretty much one week on, one week off.

Not really, if nobody was willing to offer more than the 49ers did then the Pats got the most value they could. Not their fault that something like 18 teams that could've desperately used Garoppolo were too stupid to make a better offer.
I believe that they got what they could for jimmy g given that he wanted to play more than to be paid and hold a clip board. The pats FO was put in a weak position after JGs agent told the pats that JG wanted to be traded before the deadline in october, Supposedly he turned down starter money. Imo the pats FO screwed up last spring before the draft, they should have known that garappalo wanted to start and would turn down a contract offer if he had to sit behind brady for a few more years. Back at draft time i think they could have gotten a #1 and maybe more.

The problem for the Jags is consistency. On good days, they're pretty good and the defense is very good. On bad days, they're less than average, and the offense drags down the defense. And, if you look at the season, it's been pretty much one week on, one week off.

I agree, but I also think the same is true for at least 25 teams.

If the chargers get in i can see them beating the jags.

They lost to the Cardinals and 49ers.

The Patriots lost to the Dolphins, so what's your point?
The Jags are very inconsistent. The offense is unreliable and Fournette does not appear to be durable. They are more likely to flame out in the playoffs than shine.

I think Goodell has succeeded in destroying the Cowboys, today Prescott said something that I don't think he can recover his relationship with Dez. One of the two will not comeback next season.
This is what Prescott said about Dez:
I think I have to throw him a better ball,” Prescott said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “Just put it right there on his face mask and don’t give him a chance to drop it, I guess.”

I think Goodell has succeeded in destroying the Cowboys, today Prescott said something that I don't think he can recover his relationship with Dez. One of the two will not comeback next season.
This is what Prescott said about Dez:
Dez is gone and it has nothing to do with Goody.

Wonder what game gets the week 17 SNF flex next week.

Unlike recently, there's no winner in/loser out game.

Falcons/Panthers seems like the top choice, though if the Saints win (NFC North clinched) and Seahawks lose (Falcons clinch #6 seed) before the game, then it's meaningless as both teams will be locked in at the #6 and #5 seed.

Wonder what game gets the week 17 SNF flex next week.

Unlike recently, there's no winner in/loser out game.

Falcons/Panthers seems like the top choice, though if the Saints win (NFC North clinched) and Seahawks lose (Falcons clinch #6 seed) before the game, then it's meaningless as both teams will be locked in at the #6 and #5 seed.

The Falcons had played themselves back into a position where they were in control of their destiny, and had the division title right in front of them, and they wet themselves, again.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back