PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 16 Games

For a team that supposedly has a stout D the Jags let the Niners hang 44 on them

I don't think it means the Jags D isn't stout (they are). I think what it means is (A) their D isn't without some soft spots, (B) They ain't the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens.

Jags D is buoyed by a pass rush that, at times, is a jail break menace to any passing game. A D that can stop the run adequately and put high pressure on the QB rushing only 4 is going to be a very productive D. But if the front 5 OL can neutralize the pass rush and the opposing team has a good passing game then, IMHO, you can hang some points on the Jags. I think this is what we saw with Jimmy/the 49ers.
Also keep in mind there isn't a lot of tape or experience with Jimmy. If you're good plus DC's don't know much of you and have little to study? That's a nice advantage. We've seen many a QB come in and light it up to start their career and we've seen many of them tail off after year 2 or 3.
I don't think this is Jimmy due to his good fortune of training in a program that zealously preaches practice, study, no mistakes, repeat ad nauseum. He's studied and practiced this at the NFL level for multiple years. I'm guessing this will make him avoid the 2 to 3 year drop off that sometimes happens.

The savagery in how the Falcons rivals rub their nose in 28-3 is quite something.

I don't remember our AFC rivals glorifying 18-1 to quite this extent.

The savagery in how the Falcons rivals rub their nose in 28-3 is quite something.

I don't remember our AFC rivals glorifying 18-1 to quite this extent.

That was cold but I loved it from up North

At this point, I see the Chargers being the 6th seed and the Ravens being the 5th seed. Chargers V Jaguars and Ravens versus Chiefs.

Also keep in mind there isn't a lot of tape or experience with Jimmy. If you're good plus DC's don't know much of you and have little to study? That's a nice advantage. We've seen many a QB come in and light it up to start their career and we've seen many of them tail off after year 2 or 3.
I don't think this is Jimmy due to his good fortune of training in a program that zealously preaches practice, study, no mistakes, repeat ad nauseum. He's studied and practiced this at the NFL level for multiple years. I'm guessing this will make him avoid the 2 to 3 year drop off that sometimes happens.

From the beginning to the end. My thoughts exactly.

At this point, I see the Chargers being the 6th seed and the Ravens being the 5th seed. Chargers V Jaguars and Ravens versus Chiefs.

Chargers and Bills got dealt a bad hand courtesy of the 49ers.
Assuming the Steelers win tomorrow night then the Jags week 17 game is meaningless. I can't see the Jags playing starters through the whole game when they have guys that need rest for the WC game coming the following week.

So unless the Jags decide NFL competition integrity means more than their wildcard weekend game or if they outright play a meaningless game with 60 minutes of fire like the game actually means something, the Titans should get most of the second half against less than the Jags best players. Game, set and match -- Titans win this game and the Chargers/Bills go home.
IMHO the AFC playoff picture is all but set unless a crazy upset happens:

WC Weekend:
Titans @ Jags (IMHO Titans are weak and will lose)
Balt @ KC

AFCDG(IMHO):
KC @ NE (I'd prefer KC over Balt)
Jags @ Pitt

AFCCG:
Toss up @ NE

That is a quality troll job. Well played by the Saints.
:) had to it was voted on in the dome a week ago lol, I know bad. We also troll Falcons on jumbotron with picture of Marta bus blocking players entrance. Its going to be sweet when we beat them in playoffs.

LOOK: Saints perfectly troll Falcons by shielding their entrance with a MARTA bus

but its not like we are egging the GB bus or throwing beers =dirty bird style, we are just fighting back for once lol.

Saints troll Falcons with picture of Marta bus
and how refs messed up last game we wanted to voice something

Last edited:
Assuming the Steelers win tomorrow night then the Jags week 17 game is meaningless. I can't see the Jags playing starters through the whole game when they have guys that need rest for the WC game coming the following week.

You could be right but he Jags got blown out earlier in the year at home by the Titans and I think they want to win this one and knock that team out.

heres hoping Bill obrien can give us another christmas gift and knock out the steelers today.

hopefully brady is still in their head

So unless the Jags decide NFL competition integrity means more than their wildcard weekend game or if they outright play a meaningless game with 60 minutes of fire like the game actually means something, the Titans should get most of the second half against less than the Jags best players. Game, set and match -- Titans win this game and the Chargers/Bills go home.

WC Weekend:
Balt @ KC

AFCDG(IMHO):
Jags @ Pitt

AFCCG:
Toss up @ NE

I can see the titans playing the jags well. Division opponents are never easy. The titans just haven't been able to squeak by these teams late in games. I think the jags should play their starters at least a half but they won't.

Not so sure we want to see KC again. They are playing just as good or better than weeks 1 thru 5. That being said it is what it is.

WC Weekend:
Balt @ KC

AFCDG(IMHO):
Jags @ Pitt

AFCCG:
Toss up @ NE

Jags are a Coughlin team. He's never been one to rest players.

GO TEXANS! BOB/Vrabel and the gang!

What an inept last series by Derek Carr and the Raiders, bad clock, penalty and no chance on 4th down.

So is HC Del Rio history?

Cheering for Oakland to win just so there won't be another team drafting ahead of SF's 2018 pick

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back