PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 14 Games

Next week's game will be one of the easiest of the season. NE is a terrible match up for Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh is just generally a **** team in 2017.

Pats win by 20+ without breaking a sweat.

steelers offense is going to be a big challenge next week with our avg pass rush and injuries.

Another terrible post by SVN. Pittsburgh's offense is horrendous.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Pittsburgh has now clinched both the AFCN and a home game in their first 2017 playoff matchup.

We have a short week and we're playing our 3rd road game in a row next weekend.

I think the Pats are a much better team than the Squeelers but I certainly don't have this penciled in as a definite "W."

However, if it comes down to it, playing an AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh may not be the worst thing in the World:

The essential Patriot scenarios from the resulting Pitt and Jags victories:
(A) Win tonight + next Sunday at Pitt = the Patriots will be #1 (Patriots will not lose both to Buff and Jets).
(B) Any loss other than Pitt still get the #1 (Beat Pitt, win any 2 of 3 left with Mia, Buff, Jets)
(C) A loss against Pitt and the #1 is gone (Steelers won't lose to Browns and Texans) but win other 3 games and bye is clinched.
(D) A loss to Pitt + any other loss then the Patriots will need the Jags to lose to either 49ers, Titans or Texans. If the Jags go 3-0 then the Patriots are #3 seed.

We have to assume the chances are very good the Jags will win their remaining 3 games and Pitt will win 2 of their non Patriot games. So the Patriots must (BEST) take care of Miami tonight and Pitt next week OR (NEXT BEST) take care of Miami tonight and beat both Buff and Jets.
The other likely scenarios point to the unfortunate result of the Patriots not getting a bye.

Pittsburgh's offense is horrendous.

Umm, the Steelers just scored 39 points with 31 first downs and 545 yards of offense.

Against a team that was ranked third in scoring defense (17.3 points per game) and led the NFL with 29 takeaways and a plus-14 turnover differential.

Perhaps you were confusing the Pittsburgh offense with the Browns or Giants offense.

Did you mean the Pittsburgh defense?

Not a good showing tonight, but they're allowing 17.8 ppg (5th best in the NFL).

Umm, the Steelers just scored 39 points with 31 first downs and 545 yards of offense.

Against a team that was ranked third in scoring defense (17.3 points per game) and led the NFL with 29 takeaways and a plus-14 turnover differential.

Perhaps you were confusing the Pittsburgh offense with the Browns or Giants offense.

Did you mean the Pittsburgh defense?

Not a good showing tonight, but they're allowing 17.8 ppg (5th best in the NFL).

That was a terrible officiated game and I don' know WTF the ravens were doing.

They were given up 8 yards underneath per play to avoid the big one.

My how the mighty have fallen

I’m calling it now. Steelers win SB this year, Brady gets injured next year, JG takes San Fran to NFC Championship game and wins SB in 2019. What a world.

I don't think anyone who's preaching that this Steelers team is the most formidable foe the Pats have played all year are saying the Pats have no chance, or even that they shouldn't win. But I don't think it's unreasonable to note the Pats are going to have to do more than they have the past two weeks--i.e., run up a nice lead early, then putt around in the second half until the game ends--to win this game.

I feel we are better than them but you have to execute on the field. I wish we had a healthy cannon.

I don't think anyone who's preaching that this Steelers team is the most formidable foe the Pats have played all year are saying the Pats have no chance, or even that they shouldn't win. But I don't think it's unreasonable to note the Pats are going to have to do more than they have the past two weeks--i.e., run up a nice lead early, then putt around in the second half until the game ends--to win this game.

I think another way to put it is to say that, as of tonight, it's probably only the Steelers and (maybe) Jaguars who have anything better than a puncher's chance against the Patriots in the AFC playoffs.

We have a short week and we're playing our 3rd road game in a row next weekend.

I think the Pats are a much better team than the Squeelers but I certainly don't have this penciled in as a definite "W."

However, if it comes down to it, playing an AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh may not be the worst thing in the World:

Everyone knows the game's big. I rather have the squealers at home in January in very cold weather.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back