PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 14 Games

Let me be more clear - their offense, defense, and coaching are all horrendous.

NE will do whatever they want on both sides of the ball, and there's nothing that any Steeler can do about it but take it hard, dry, and deep.

I wonder if you will be here if somehow they lose the game. You still have to go out there and execute the game plan.

This Squealers team is an interesting bunch. I'm not sure if they should be blowing these teams out or are lucky SOBs who are on a roll. Having a competent QB and star players on offense enables them to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat vs lesser teams no question.

What I do know is they are not a very good tackling team and lack talent at LB and in the secondary.

The Shazier injury is a huge blow to this defense.
It'll be a good Lewis, White, and Buckhead game. Play em like we did Denver.

Completely insane stat - Brett Hundley has more OT wins in his career (2) than Aaron Rodgers (1).
Gotta ride the hot hand. Stick with Hundley :D.

Yup, that is what worries me the most. Road teams just do not do well in the 3rd game of a three game road trip. And dong that after a Monday night game makes it all the more difficult.

With that said. If Pitts wins, I think the Pats can go back there in the AFCGC and beat them. Just like 2014 all over again.

Maybe but i would feel better if they came to our place in January. This team has made Super Bowl appearances when they have been the home team.

It's about the matchups.
As always, we win the coaching portion vs the Squealers.
And this time we have 2 corners who can cover their best WR.
Run D & swing passes plus covering a hard to down QB will be our test.
On offense, we should smoke them.
Make it so, Tommy Boy.

Last 4 Games:

Team A RBs
105 touches 623 yards 1 TD

Team B RBs
135 touches 771 yds 8 TDs

Based on production alone, which group of RBs would you take?

I know for a fact that brown won't have over 200 yards receiving against us. Idk what the heck the rat birds where doing. You let other guys beat you but not that guy.

I know for a fact that brown won't have over 200 yards receiving against us. Idk what the heck the rat birds where doing. You let other guys beat you but not that guy.
In 4 games v NE, AB has 30 catches for 377yds and 3 TDs.

He will get his but should not go off like he has the last 4 games.

It's about the matchups.
As always, we win the coaching portion vs the Squealers.
And this time we have 2 corners who can cover their best WR.
Run D & swing passes plus covering a hard to down QB will be our test.
On offense, we should smoke them.
Make it so, Tommy Boy.

The only thing that bothers me about the steelers are intangibles:

1. They are playing for their owner who passed away;

2. Now they are playing for Shazier:

3. They are playing to “win one more for Ben” since he’s going to retire soon.

In other news, Raider Nation is sooooo pissed off at the no-show against a faltering KC with first place on the line. Everybody on the coaching staff and on offense is in the crosshairs. The D isn't getting a pass, but the fans knew the D sucked, so aren't that surprised.

Regards,
Chris

The only thing that bothers me about the steelers are intangibles:

1. They are playing for their owner who passed away;

2. Now they are playing for Shazier:

3. They are playing to “win one more for Ben” since he’s going to retire soon.

The only two times I can think of an inferior team go on a streak because of raw emotion was the 1989 Loyola Marymount hoops team (death of Hank Gathers) in the NCAAs and the 1991 Detroit Lions (Mike Utley paralyzed).

The thing is....those teams eventually faced superior teams and lost.

Last edited:
The only two times I can think of an inferior team go on a streak because of raw emotion was the 1989 Loyola Marymount hoops team (death of Hank Gathers) in the NCAAs and the 1991 Detroit Lions (Mike Utley paralyzed).

The thing is....those teams eventually faced superior teams and lost.

2007 giants were actually inspired by an iraq war veteran who lost both his legs. They kept him on the sidelines for most of their games. They of course beat a superior team. I’m not saying the steelers are going to go on a run but i wouldn’t shocked if they won this year.

2007 giants were actually inspired by an iraq war veteran who lost both his legs. They kept him on the sidelines for most of their games. They of course beat a superior team. I’m not saying the steelers are going to go on a run but i wouldn’t shocked if they won this year.

I was referring to a teammate who was fallen but I get your point.

Ultimately I think emotion carries a team so far and ultimately talent, matchups, situation and how good of a team you are determines how far you go.

My mistake, TommyD...the Ravens were ranked 7th in total D going into this game....
Seriously though...that looks like a top 5 defense to you?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back