PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 1 Games

Say what you will about Rex and lady friend but they are light years ahead of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.
I thought Rex was pretty good. He was actually a little more understated than I expected. I think I was expecting more of a Madden type personality.

To call Mowins mediocre would be kind. She does a lot of 12 noon ESPN college games and never stood out to me. Assigning her to this game was political correctness, pure and simple. There are many, many other more qualified announcers at that network who could have done it.

That's Insane. How did Seattle still lose that game?

That's Insane. How did Seattle still lose that game?

Having to go into max protection just to give Russell Wilson some time to throw and still having him get hit anyway. That, and they don't have a running game to speak of.

Alex Smith? Eli? Stafford? No.

Everyone else, sure, though I think Winston and Mariota remain up in the air.
Change of heart ? Stafford & Smith over Luck maybe ?

Eli Manning? Uh, no. Winston and Mariota have the jury still out. And Alex Smith? Alex Smith??!?

LOL!! Gimme a break....
Still sure about Smith being worse than Luck ?

Change of heart ? Stafford & Smith over Luck maybe ?

Uh, no. Both of them are veterans. Stafford's hardly lit the world on fire this year, and Smith's not suddenly emerging into a top-5 quarterback at age 33. Four games does not make a judgment on a quarterback. I'm glad you had a weird need to dredge up this thread weeks later.

Still sure about Smith being worse than Luck ?
Yes (assuming all are healthy). Unlike 99% of the population, I don't overreact to a guy having a good stretch of games. If anything, it is kind of sad that it took Smith 12 years to get to this level, which Andrew Luck was at in year 3.

Andrew Luck is injured and Alex Smith is on fire, so people like you want to throw away over a decade of mediocrity because you can't see more than 2 feet in front of your face.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back