PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullet one translation - I dont really want to be traded (as stated) so I dont give a **** and you can show me the money.

Bullet two translation - I am between " We are the Browns and we want to keep our franchise LT to protect our crappy QBs" and "We are the Browns and we are just as stupid off the field as on the field."

Not sure which way I am leaning but probably more towards 1.

Bullet one translation - I dont really want to be traded (as stated) so I dont give a **** and you can show me the money.

Bullet two translation - I am between " We are the Browns and we want to keep our franchise LT to protect our crappy QBs" and "We are the Browns and we are just as stupid off the field as on the field."

Not sure which way I am leaning but probably more towards 1.

If PFT is correct, it's the latter:

The Cleveland Browns were sellers at the NFL’s trade deadline. But they didn’t find any buyers....

...The Browns were said to be in talks regarding trades involving left tackle Joe Thomas, center Alex Mack and linebackers Paul Kruger and Barkevious Mingo. But apparently the asking price for all those players was too high. And so the Browns stood pat at the deadline.

Browns wanted to be sellers, but Pettine says they found no buyers

So it was apparently a matter of an idiot team overpricing their players. They turned down a first round pick, and more, for a 31 year old left tackle, when they don't have a QB that can take advantage of that tackle's remaining years.

Seriously though, they have no receivers or offensive linemen who are very capable and have 8 or so high quality players on their defensive line. See a balance problem there?

Whenever the Rams have a problem: Bring in another defensive lineman!

Their problem is and always has been mediocre quarterback play. Put Phillip Rivers in St. Louis and you'd have a Super Bowl contender.

If PFT is correct, it's the latter:

Browns wanted to be sellers, but Pettine says they found no buyers

So it was apparently a matter of an idiot team overpricing their players. They turned down a first round pick, and more, for a 31 year old left tackle, when they don't have a QB that can take advantage of that tackle's remaining years.

And here I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. The picks would have been low but it would have given them two firsts and a 2nd for 2016 and a 1st and two 2nds for 2017. Including their own pics.

hqdefault.jpg

And here I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. The picks would have been low but it would have given them two firsts and a 2nd for 2016 and a 1st and two 2nds for 2017. Including their own pics.

hqdefault.jpg

Yes.... And this is a team with McCown and Manziel at QB, so it's not likely to be SB bound anytime soon. Selling high on young players (Mingo) makes sense. Demanding too much for older players (Thomas) doesn't.

The opposite, two 2nds in 2016 and two 1sts in 2017.

The 1st in 2017 is the big deal, as the 2016 2nd-for-3rd swap is really only moving up 10 or so picks at the most. But this could be Manning's last season, and whether it is or not the Broncos could be drafting in the top 10 in 2017. I understand why they wanted to sit tight on the 2016 swap and only give up a 5th rounder, but that 2017 pick may have been huge.

Yes.... And this is a team with McCown and Manziel at QB, so it's not likely to be SB bound anytime soon. Selling high on young players (Mingo) makes sense. Demanding too much for older players (Thomas) doesn't.

Yep. Thomas has a 10 million dollar cap hit too. If you wheel Denvers 1 for a LT not only do you get a new prospective LT for the future but you probably free up at least 8 million in cap room you can use else where, and net an extra 2nd rounder.

And since they werent going anywhere, as you stated, what did they have to lose expect insuring that their own 1st rounder would be a higher pick.

dumb

The opposite, two 2nds in 2016 and two 1sts in 2017.

Ahhh I had it backwards. Not sure what they are thinking either way. Maybe they are gonna make a run with Johnny Football. lol

I mean the Browns are the 3rd worst team in the NFL - or tied for it. Just make the trade, tank, grab the overall 1st, Jetisson a 30 year old player with a 10 mil cap hit, Take the Denver picks and extra cap room. .

Ray Farmer has taken too many shots to the head.

I mean the Browns are the 3rd worst team in the NFL - or tied for it. Just make the trade, tank, grab the overall 1st, Jetisson a 30 year old player with a 10 mil cap hit, Take the Denver picks and extra cap room. .

Ray Farmer has taken too many shots to the head.

Should have taken the best deals they were offered for everyone they had on the block instead of wanting their cake and eating it too.

Should have taken the best deals they were offered for everyone they had on the block instead of wanting their cake and eating it too.
They were probably worried that the fans would revolt if they got rid of their multi all-pro player. And its probably hard to get people to show up to NoEnergy Stadium to begin with.

The Browns are the mistake on the lake now.

The Browns are the mistake on the lake now.

They've held that distinction for quite sometime. What a pathetic franchise. They'd have managed a way to blow those extra high round picks anyway.

well, if you remember who starred in Boys Town I'm going to have to cease all contact with you and demand the nursing home up your meds...:D

They've held that distinction for quite sometime. What a pathetic franchise. They'd have managed a way to blow those extra high round picks anyway.

07 3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin [26]
22 Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame [27]
2008No Pick — — [27]
2009 21 Alex Mack C California [28]
2010 7 Joe Haden CB Florida
2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
2012 3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama
22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
2013 6 Barkevious Mingo OLB Louisiana State
2014 8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2015 12 Danny Shelton DT Washington
19 Cameron Erving C Florida State

Fail
Fail
Fail

07 3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin [26]
22 Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame [27]
2008No Pick — — [27]
2009 21 Alex Mack C California [28]
2010 7 Joe Haden CB Florida
2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
2012 3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama
22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
2013 6 Barkevious Mingo OLB Louisiana State
2014 8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2015 12 Danny Shelton DT Washington
19 Cameron Erving C Florida State

Fail
Fail
Fail

That run of Taylor (2011) through Manziel (2014) was pitiful, and likely wasted SIX first round selections.

Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick