PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I would love to trade for Joe Thomas, but his contract is too much. If he will be willing to redo his contract to leave that dumpster fire, he will help a lot. We do need a left tackle, Vollmer will not work. Cannon scares me.
IMO, we only need two pieces. One CB and a left tackle.

Actually, Thomas' contract isn't too much. This was talked about in the Browns firesale thread.

A starting caliber corner. If Logan Ryan or Butler gets hurt thats it. Also both can be upgraded anyway.

A starting caliber corner. If Logan Ryan or Butler gets hurt thats it. Also both can be upgraded anyway.

Agreed here. I am actually in the minority where I have no problem with how our DBs have played thus far, however, we are one injury away from calling up Earthwind Moreland to play in the playoffs.

We'll find out by 4pm tomorrow, the deadline.

I suspect one thing we may do is we'll trade for a WTHIT swing tackle, for a low round pick.

*WTHIT = Who The Hell Is That

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Patriots don't make a trade. I don't get the same sense of panic from the team that I get from the fans.

Joe Thomas makes a lot of sense. Maybe Rashean Mathis? He is older but he can still play well and would settle things down a bit at CB. And definitely interested in Mingo!

we only need two pieces. One CB and a left tackle.

Only?

Those are two of the most-prized, most highly-drafted positions, our cap space is tight and we are down a couple of draft choices next year.

Cannon and Stork are coming back soon, so I think they will just patch the OL together somehow. A CB2 is a possibility, although I wouldn't hold ones breath on that either.

If the Patriots address either LT or CB, you can be sure the guy they trade for will be called "Who the heck is that???" followed by the realization they just traded a low draft pick for someone undervalued and overlooked from someone's bench.

We are down a CB with Tarrell Brown IRed too much Safeties on the Roster. I hope we can somehow Trade back for Kyle Arrington...cannot believe I just said that.:eek:

In before Ernie Adams prints this thread and hangs it on his white board to laugh at.

Exactly. ITs like yeah, we just need a solid LT and a capable CB and need to get them both in one day with zero cap room. That is right. Zero. They still need reserve cap space so the 3 mil they have now isnt going much lower.

Exactly. ITs like yeah, we just need a solid LT and a capable CB and need to get them both in one day with zero cap room. That is right. Zero. They still need reserve cap space so the 3 mil they have now isnt going much lower.

If this were last season, we'd be talking cutting Brady for cap $ (sic) for trades and starting Garapollo.

They will add offensive line depth. That's about it.

Mingo.

Why? Why the hell wouldn't you add a guy (for the right draft pick) that could add pass rushing and LB depth at a $300k cap hit for the rest of year and has a roster option that would make him a $2.6m cap hit next year if you decide to pick it up or gets you a comp pick and no cap hit if you decide not to pick it up

I'm sure Lombardi is trying like hell to convince Bill to get him.

Also I want to see a QB **** his pants at the sight of Jones, Sheard, Easley, Hightower, Collins and Mingo rushing like mad men on a 3rd and long.

Last edited:
With the obvious point that it has to have at least a reasonable chance of helping, I have to say I hope the Pats make a deal. Their track record has been strong in recent years, and I think there's a psychological boost a team gets from it (I realize it doesn't seem like the Pats need another boost, but you know, every little bit).

So, here's hopin.'

I could do w/o seeing that on 60" HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots