PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL starting QB change: Kaepernick is in. Gabbert is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, might work out for them...meaning they might get marginally improved QB play. Not like they're giving up on something potentially great. I feel like both their ceilings have been established as average at best. And he could possibly fake it pretty well and flash again in Kelly's system in the short term. Kapernick looked **** last year, but even at his "peak" he was about average as a passer esp minus the explosive running plays, and as mentioned that was with the cushion of a top 5 defense and run game. Things have changed in SF. They got off on his explosiveness and rode it to the SB a few years back, sure, but they might've won it with Alex Smith's more controlled style.

I don't think Kap is a very bad Quarterback - He was once pretty successful. I may be in the miniority, but I think losing their HC a few years back and a couple of things made him lose his passion for the game and benching him caused him to regress further. Its his fault 100% and I am not defending somebody who loses his heart for the game, but if that guy wasn't kicked out of his coaching job and SF didn't give up on Kap for a worse QB , things may be different.

He benefited when read option was a novelty. Defenses got better at covering it, and it became clear the more he was asked to throw the ball the worse he became as a QB. Add to that the Niners had a tremendous defense in his 'good' years and asked him to do less (28 points per game now versus 17 points per game in 2012) as more of a game manager, so he needs to actually win games now with the accompanying pressure of that role and became worse rather than better.

The guy has also been surrounded by number 1 receivers from other teams, so his performance cannot be due to lack of tools at his disposal. You don't have to love the team or the game to play well (as an FYI, his ratings declined with Jim Harbaugh as coach, 98 (2012), 91 (2013), 86 (2014), and 78 (2015), with only the last the number (78) after Harbaugh, so I'm not sure Harbaugh's firing was the issue as that is about as linear a decline in performance as you can get). He was horrible n 2015, and earned the bench. He is back because the guy who replaced him is worse. Passion for the game does not give him the skillset to be good at the position, and that weak skillset remains his issue.

Not a Kap fan, but I love the fact that he is using the US biggest platform to bring social awareness through non-violent protests AND getting people all worked up.

I hope his TD celebration is him kneeling.

Not a Kap fan, but I love the fact that he is using the US biggest platform to bring social awareness through non-violent protests AND getting people all worked up.

I hope his TD celebration is him kneeling.

He's made such a clown of himself that even a pro-protest sort like Justice Ginsburg called that nonsense out. That's not bringing social awareness, despite the best efforts of the media to shove that crap down our throats.

He's made such a clown of himself that even a pro-protest sort like Justice Ginsburg called that nonsense out. That's not bringing social awareness, despite the best efforts of the media to shove that crap down our throats.

If Ginsburg and Deus said it, it must be right- said no one ever.

You're replacing a terrible Quarterback with a very bad Quarterback. Either way, I doubt either are on the 49ers roster next season.

Kaepernick has exactly the sort of skill set to run a Chip Kelly hurry-up offense against the Bills. It's a system thing with Kelly. The Bills might be the right team to get in this first week since they are aggressive and bring lots and lots of pressure. If Kaepernick can find his slant and wheel route receivers mixed in with quick hit runs by his backs and keepers, the Bills could be off balance in this one.

Kaepernick is lighter than before and might be quicker. He also might get broken in two by the Bills safeties who bring the lumber as we saw with Brissett. I'm rooting for the Niners to lay another loss on the Bills.

If the Bills win this one, they get to 4-2 and have legitimate streak going with the imploding Dolphins up next. I'd prefer to see them after the bye with Rex and Rob on the hot seat struggling to get back on track.

Some of you remember ChristianCat. He should be thankful he's moved on as Kaepernick's stock on and off the field is lower now than a couple of years ago.

He was a Tebow cheerleader so it isn't surprising he's moved on down the road.

You're replacing a terrible Quarterback with a very bad Quarterback. Either way, I doubt either are on the 49ers roster next season.

Agreed, but you know their team management is congratulating itself. And why not? The 9ers front office just made a move that DOUBLED their talent at the quarterback position! From "Squat" to "Squat and a half"! That's shrewd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back