PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL starting QB change: Kaepernick is in. Gabbert is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there goes whatever respect I had for Coach Kelley. I hope Kaepernick turns into an interception machine and the 49rs lose every single game the rest of the year.

Well, there goes whatever respect I had for Coach Kelley. I hope Kaepernick turns into an interception machine and the 49rs lose every single game the rest of the year.

If you saw Gabbert in his last game, you understand why this move was made.

Also, Gabbert's season numbers:

5 TDs
6 Ints
69.6 QB rating

QB ratings, in order:

With the team being 1-4, a change was due.

Oh say can you see, by the 9ers early plight. Oh so poorly they've played, the blame goes to Gabbert, whose poor play and bad picks, gives way to Kaepernick...and I'm bored with this

Replace s*** QB with s*** QB. Don't see much change here.

Well, when your competition is Blaine Gabbert you really should win out.

Last edited:
I wonder if this means they were able to successfully restructure his contract to remove or mitigate the guarantee for injury that had previously beeng a sticking point between them.

There were reports that they were close to an agreement, and that guarantee was probably the only reason why he wasn't starting in the first place. The 49ers didn't want to risk him getting injured and guaranteeing more of his contract in the process: Report: 49ers restructuring Kaepernick’s contract

Some self-righteous dude is gonna injure him badly and eat the 5 digit fine.

Well, there goes whatever respect I had for Coach Kelley.

Seriously now. As much as I hate Kap, Chips job is to win football games and Gabbert is terrible. I'd rather see Ponder in there but it is what it is.

I hope Kaepernick turns into an interception machine

I do to and still hope Kap leaves the country.

and the 49rs lose every single game the rest of the year.

I'd like to see them beat every team except the Pats.

Some of you remember ChristianCat. He should be thankful he's moved on as Kaepernick's stock on and off the field is lower now than a couple of years ago.

Good for Kap, happy for him, maybe he'll surprise some people. Hard to think this was a guy playing in a SB at one point in time, how the mighty do fall, but maybe he can put things together again.

I suspect we'll see Ponder getting a chance this season. Kap couldn't put up any points last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News