PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MikeKlis Broncos expected to issue low tender, right of first refusal on CJ Anderson. He might get some action. #9news #9sports

Dang, that's a BB type of RB.

Right of first refusal simply means that they can match whatever BB might offer, if he's interested. There's no draft picks lost if the Donkeys don't match.

Harmon is pretty good in his own right and I think Richards is going to be a good player soon. Is Weddle that good still?

Yes Weddle would be a noticeable upgrade over Harmon and i'd slow down on Richards being a good player soon stuff. He showed some positive when he played but he also looked absolutely clueless at times as well.

Where we he even fit? McCourty, Chung, and Harmon is a good core at a great price. Although, I fully expect Harmon to get a starting gig next offseason.

I respect your input but have to disagree. McCourty had a mediocre season by pundit accounts, certainly not a $9mm dollar season. Harman is nice but purely as a back-up and Chung, who with Butler had the best seasons of any DBs on the Pats, might be better suited to the new breed of SS converted to OLBs like Barron and Bucannon.

It would solve the need to seek another OLB with Chung. He graded out third against the run according to PFF and had 85 tackles. If he played OLB exclusively last year his tackles would have been higher, but he did play snaps at OLB. Flexibility is a plus if he slots in at both positions on the roster.

I suppose we could settle on Harmon. If Weddle prices himself out of bounds, so be it.

I am all in for Weddle if the price is reasonable. McCourty was not great last season and maybe with the two youngsters at CB he had to spread himself too thin. I think all things being equal Weddle might be the superior playmaker.

DW Toys

@MikeKlis Broncos expected to issue low tender, right of first refusal on CJ Anderson. He might get some action. #9news #9sports

Dang, that's a BB type of RB.

Brady's praising Anderson after the AFCCG may pay off..

Last edited:
Meh, he gashed a Collins and Hightower missing defense in slippery conditions and almost half his yards in that game came on one run where he benefited from a blatant hold

He ran pretty well in the playoffs, too.

Eagles and phins working on Maxwell trade. Would love to face him twice a year

I respect your input but have to disagree. McCourty had a mediocre season by pundit accounts, certainly not a $9mm dollar season. Harman is nice but purely as a back-up and Chung, who with Butler had the best seasons of any DBs on the Pats, might be better suited to the new breed of SS converted to OLBs like Barron and Bucannon.

It would solve the need to seek another OLB with Chung. He graded out third against the run according to PFF and had 85 tackles. If he played OLB exclusively last year his tackles would have been higher, but he did play snaps at OLB. Flexibility is a plus if he slots in at both positions on the roster.

I suppose we could settle on Harmon. If Weddle prices himself out of bounds, so be it.

I am all in for Weddle if the price is reasonable. McCourty was not great last season and maybe with the two youngsters at CB he had to spread himself too thin. I think all things being equal Weddle might be the superior playmaker.

DW Toys

Devin took a couple of notable bad angles last season...the TD by OBJ comes to mind:

I respect your input but have to disagree. McCourty had a mediocre season by pundit accounts

Which pundits?

If McCourty had a mediocre season like they claim he did the defense wouldn't have been as good as it was... He's a major reason why Logan Ryan was a legitimate #2 CB last year.

Waitin' on dat Matt Forte news.

I am not expecting day 1 signings for us! Day 2 is when we go nuts after the market settles.

If Calvin Johnson is released the freak out around here (including myself) will be similar to when Revis was released from Tampa Bay.

A Detroit reporter is saying Johnson's agent is telling him not to retire.

Terry Foster ‏@TerryFoster971
@Fred223202 calvin's agent advised him to not retire. He wants him to sit tight which is the right move

Force your way out, Megatron.

Last edited:
Harmon is pretty good in his own right and I think Richards is going to be a good player soon. Is Weddle that good still?

Harmon is fine. They need him back there. I know there are a number of posters who are down on Richards but I think he has good instincts and can become a pretty decent Patrick Chung 2.0 type SS.

I think the world of Weddle. He was dinged up a little last year but can still play at a pretty high level. I think he would do pretty well here.

DMC
Chung
Richards
Harmon
Weddle

I think the team thinks about it seriously if it loses Ebner. I think Weddle can be had for reasonable dollars but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back