PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which pundits?

If McCourty had a mediocre season like they claim he did the defense wouldn't have been as good as it was... He's a major reason why Logan Ryan was a legitimate #2 CB last year.

Was an article in Bleacher report. They said he was not playing at a $9mm caliber, not me. He made a few bad angle plays as you saw yourself. The front line was the best reason for the success. Sheard and later on Hicks played well. Branch might have had his best season for the Pats.
DW Toys

Was an article in Bleacher report. They said he was not playing at a $9mm caliber, not me. He made a few bad angle plays as you saw yourself. The front line was the best reason for the success. Sheard and later on Hicks played well. Branch might have had his best season for the Pats.
DW Toys

Writers at Bleacher Report aren't pundits, they're a platform for literally any fool with a keyboard. No different than a fan forum, really, but at least here very few of us pretend to be experts (and the ones who do are usually the most insufferable members of the forum).

Cruz is done. He had the same injury Mayo had, it's a career ender.

Looks like Victor Cruz might be on the chopping block:

On one hand, I'm skeptical of anyone coming back from a torn patellar tendon, especially someone who was so reliant on agility. OTOH, he would've been a great fit pre-injury, and it's been about a year and a half since the injury. Might be worth a shot if he's willing to take a cheap one-year deal to reestablish his value and hit the open market in 2017.

@OmarKelly
Miami #Dolphins expected to release Pro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes

Butler looked up to/modeled his game after Grimes, if that matters.

Grimes would be a great signing here but he will command good coin see him going Philly or LA

Didn't Ryan Fitzpatrick go to Harvard? I think they mentioned that once during a game.

probably still trying to pay back his student loans

@OmarKelly
Miami #Dolphins expected to release Pro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes

Butler looked up to/modeled his game after Grimes, if that matters.

Hope he doesn't marry a crazy b.tch.

Don't really want another small CB. I'd take Grimes over Ryan though.

Harrison leaving the Jets would be great for us. They're still in good shape with Wilkerson/Richardson/Williams, but that means they're relying on those guys to stay healthy and sane.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Eagles-Dolphins now trying to finalize trade that will send Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to MIA for draft-pick comp, per league source.

Looks like Maxwell will be the Dolphins' Brent Grimes replacement. And no, I don't want Grimes here. His wife's craziness takes more off the table than he brings to it.

Don't really want another small CB. I'd take Grimes over Ryan though.
He'll be 33 at the start of camp. I don't think he is a substantial upgrade over Ryan anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes