PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely

3.1 yards per carry in 2013. He could save 50000000 children from a burning building and I'd be pissed if the Pats signed him.

3.1 yards per carry in 2013. He could save 50000000 children from a burning building and I'd be pissed if the Pats signed him.

One off year does not stop an RB

One off year and 2 years off and being old as hell for a RB might...unless you're Tim Hightower or Ricky Williams.

Also, if he could play, he would have been on a team mid 2014 at the very latest. Hardy and Galette did way worse things.

One off year and 2 years off and being old as hell for a RB might...unless you're Tim Hightower or Ricky Williams.

He wasn't 2 years off after the first year, obviously, so let's not go moving the freakin' goalposts. Donald Brown put up a 2.6 ypc two years ago, yet he's still in the league.

Cant believe peope still talking bout ray rice. His decline was apparent well before the domestic abuse. Ravens built a statue for a murderer, if rice could still play he would still be a raven

Also, if he could play, he would have been on a team mid 2014 at the very latest. Hardy and Galette did way worse things.

If Rice hung a 1200 yd /50 catch season in 2013 he would absolutely be playing now- maybe even for BAL. He wasn't making the quick cuts like he did and he lost that burst. Hes a smaller RB so the wear and tear finally caught up to him

Ya I guess. I only know because someone I follow on twitter posted about it.

They are #1 rated show in Boston and i am amazed..but then again will be on the ballot so nothing with these people surprises me

Do you guys seriously think he's been out of the league because of that incident and not because he was garbage the entire season before he punched someone on tape?

Yes. Absolutely. He may not be 1# back anymore but i think he could still be a backup for a team.

Bold Prediction:

Mark Sanchez will have way better numbers than Manning did last year as a starter... in fact, if Sanchez plays 16 games and you hand picked X number of those games to match Manning's and picked the worst games.. his stats would still be better
You're high. Mile high.

But correct. How could he not be better?

New bandwagon dream: Trade for Martellus Bennett

His cap hit at 5 million is a bargain for 2016 considering the deals Allen and Fleener received. He's 29 years old and a top 10 TE in the NFL. The Bears just resigned Miller and are looking to trade Bennett.

Wonder what pick it would take.

Let's go Bill!

Call me when we find an OT, WR and TE.
bodies.jpg
Ring ring

Wait a second...... Wait ... We aren't supposed to do this well in March.

Bold Prediction:

Mark Sanchez will have way better numbers than Manning did last year as a starter... in fact, if Sanchez plays 16 games and you hand picked X number of those games to match Manning's and picked the worst games.. his stats would still be better

better numbers, maybe, but there's a huge drop-off in D recognition and audibles and things like that - they matter.

Only way this off-season could get any better is if Brady wins his appeal.

They tend to be quite slow in upgrading a prospect's stock well after other boards have raised him up. My advice to others is to read Draft Scout/CBS's board in conjunction with another's like ESPN or NFL.com.

Blasphemy!

He wasn't 2 years off after the first year, obviously, so let's not go moving the freakin' goalposts. Donald Brown put up a 2.6 ypc two years ago, yet he's still in the league.

In Rice's best year he averaged 5.3 ypc, identical to Donald Brown's.

While playing with Baltimore, Rice's ypc averaged out to 4.3 ypc, identical to Brown's average with Indy. In Brown's two years with SD his numbers went down.

Ray Rice has just about twice as many carries as Brown in about the same amount of years.

I think it's clear that the NYJFL and the 32 have decided they aren't letting Rice back into the club. It's all about the integrity*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back