PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to shmessy?

Whatever happened to shmessy?
Shmessy hasn't been around as much, as far as I know he was stepping away a bit, but I don't have a lot of information really. He did a pretty good job and I hope we can do the same for you guys.

My man Ross is moving up. His next act will be creating a dedicated Chris Harper thread, devoted to worshipping the god himself. All hail Harper!

My man Ross is moving up. His next act will be creating a dedicated Chris Harper thread, devoted to worshipping the god himself. All hail Harper!
Hahaha, funny guy. That would be crazy!

I guess I better delete that rough draft I have saved... :oops:

Poor guy is never going to live that down. :cool:

I think of him every time I throw on the old Harper jersey.

He's a good straight ahead power back against weak defenses, but that's it. He does nothing to threaten the outside and nothing in the passing game, by the end of the season defenses had no problem handling the Patriots offense because it was so limited. Imo they have to have a first down back who can get outside and threaten the perimeter in the passing game. The two TE offense is really going to help and I'm fine with Blount back in a power back role but I don't want him as the starter.

How would you feel about the return of Blount and a rookie draft pick or two?

How would you feel about the return of Blount and a rookie draft pick or two?

Depends upon the rookie(s) and how they play. I still think passing on Forte was monumentally stupid as that kind of receiving threat out of the backfield would have given them the ability to make good defenses play from sideline to sideline and provided insurance if Lewis didn't come back strong or were injured again. If they can find a back that can do that in the draft and not turn the ball over then I'll be fine with it as I don't care about the name only that they fill that need. I really believe that the biggest problem for last year's OL, other than the instability due to injury, was that they were so one dimensional that execution was almost impossible. Opposing defenses knew they could only run straight ahead and couldn't hurt them with that so they sold out to get to Brady and cover the middle. I do think the addition of Bennett is a game changer though because it will improve the run game and protection and allow them to go to the hurry up and dictate to defenses, which they simply could not do last season, especially when Lewis went down. I think the OL is going to take a big step forward this year and that could well be what makes the difference between an early exit from the playoffs ( by Patriots standards), and another Lombardi. Overall I love where this team is at and a really good young RB is the only real hole left to fill. If Blount returns as a role player I'm fine with it but I don't want him as the #1.

Bengals look to be signing LaFell. Good pickup. Could easily better than Sanu for like a 7th of the cost.

Hahaha, funny guy. That would be crazy!

I guess I better delete that rough draft I have saved... :oops:

Hey Ross, can you go ahead and ban the next poster that responds to this thread? Thanks a bunch!

-Contradictiom

Wait til he muffs locking a thread and gets sent to only moderating the practice squad.
Lmao. We must learn from history, or we are doomed to repeat it...

Hey Ross, can you go ahead and ban the next poster that responds to this thread? Thanks a bunch!

-Contradictiom
Uh oh, looks like I'm banning myself. It was fun guys.

Which is why I think Elway was dumb to match that CJ Anderson deal.. Kubiak runs the same system, should have just got Morris on the cheap.

As a tease for the Ninth annual DW TOYS TRADE-A RAMA: The Dolphins have the 13th pick in the Draft. They might be interested in a deal with the Broncos who some say are targeting Memphis QB Paxton Lynch whom I think is a little under the radar. He has the size of Brock Osweiler but more mobile. Truly an unfinished symphony but the place holder is Sanchez for now.

In our last episode C.J. Anderson signed an offer sheet with the Phins that Elway matched. The Dolphins have vetted him and Gase knows him from his days at Denver.

The Dolphins pick ahead of the Rams at pick #15 who most believe will go QB. Who is the best remaining?.... Lynch. Some say he was rated the highest. All three to QBs in this Draft have warts but they are the first tier in potential.

A very possible scenario is the Dolphins swapping pick #13 to the Broncos for their #31 PLUS C.J. Anderson. That would be a "face slapper" . The Broncos step up in front of the Rams for Lynch.

So the Phins pick is worth 1150 points according to the NFL Draft Value Chart. The Broncos #31 is worth 600 points. 550 points is the difference and equates to a second round value.

The questions are; Will the Dolphins move down to retain Anderson whom they really wanted, in fact set his price? Is Anderson worth the equivalent of a second rounder to the Phins? Does the loss of Anderson solve the Broncos QB problem? Will the Rams say....."Ha,Ha John Elway, we love Casey too much. A QB quest was a ruse!"? Is it easier to replace the RB Anderson in the Draft versus a possible stud QB?

So really Elway matching becomes a moot point.

I have this Trade in my DWTTAR.

DW Toys

Since yesterday! Lol. Ian just officially made myself and @ashley1992 moderators last night. He made an official announcement, but it's on the Help Desk forum so you may not have seen it.

I mean Ashley's cool, but i don't know about this Ross Fella.

I need to rethink our RB selection appearantly Chris Johnson says the patriots were hot for him.
So my question is in this draft which back has the most explosion?

Just saw Reuben Randle signed with the Eagles.

Just saw Reuben Randle signed with the Eagles.
Seems like free agency news has kinda died a little bit. Still waiting on news about Fairley, Washington...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes