PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

The source here is literally incarceratedbob. Patriots_nation__ on Instagram is Justin Ramos (currently NEPInsider, formerly patriotsnews247 on Twitter), and I have no idea how he can think "per reports" is sufficient for a source this iffy.

Dk Metcalf in the Patriots system would be...square peg, round hole.

There’s a better chance of Will Smith and Chris Rock co-starring in…..Bad Boys 5: Somehow Still Alive and Kicking…..than DK Metcalf wearing a Pats uni

There may have been a chance for a WR trade & sign before FA started. Now the cost and the co$t for one is off the charts that BB will not partake. Good luck in the draft or a trade for lower level type.

And can people please stfu about whom we could have drafted instead of N Harry? It’s like almost every thread involving WR news/discussion. We know. The whole world knows. Move the f@ck on. So annoying. I’m about to Will Smith someone. BTW that has gotten old quickly as well, sad to say. It’ll be like that Bernie Sanders mittens one. Took a while for him to get old so I can see this lasting a few more weeks. Too many clever people around for it to die down.

A few smaller signings. Surprised by no action on PTP Flowers and Hicks. No news is good news I guess for the Pats. The prices may be going down in the Pats range. Would love to have both for 2022. Still need a corner but may have to go the trade route or wait until the draft. And then there is always a training camp or mid-season trade but I'm getting waaayyyy ahead of myself.

Kraft ready to contend w/ existing roster + draft. Don't expect high end talent during FAcy.

Some media outlets will probably headline Robert Kraft unhappy with BB results....just to put a negative spin on things....

Some media outlets will probably headline Robert Kraft unhappy with BB results....just to put a negative spin on things....
I don't see how. He is 100% supporting what Bill is doing in both FAcy and the coaches.

He mimicked what Bill said yesterday (aside from being worried about not winning in the playoffs): add a few more mid level vets in FAcy + hope to hit in the draft + hope exist. guys get better this year (incl. Mac). That's the formula to be a contender according to Bill and Kraft.

I have my doubts but we'll see how it all shakes out.

I don't see how. He is 100% supporting what Bill is doing in both FAcy and the coaches.

He mimicked what Bill said yesterday (aside from being worried about not winning in the playoffs): add a few more mid level vets in FAcy + hope to hit in the draft + hope exist. guys get better this year (incl. Mac). That's the formula to be a contender according to Bill and Kraft.

I have my doubts but we'll see how it all shakes out.
No probs......but you did not pick up I was being sarcastic with respect to the media as they would report something that was not there. I would think Kraft and BB are tight.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back