PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Miguel's list requires $15M in addition to monies needed to sign anyone.

Do you believe that it is easy to come up with $30M - $35M, which included Miguel's list plus new signees?

Who do you think will be "easy" to extend?
I made a list of moves to free up $30-$35M that included cuts, trades and restructures to Judon & Henry. Can't remember where it was.

I made a list of moves to free up $30-$35M that included cuts, trades and restructures to Judon & Henry. Can't remember where it was.
aah

That list included cuts and trades that the patriots may or may not make. The cuts didn't include the cost of replacements. In any case, there are NOT $30-$35M of transactions that are "not difficult".

All restructures require permission of the player.

All extensions require negotiations.

Any signing of free agents, or trades, require negotiations, within the framework of this year's free agent market.

For example, I believe that you wanted to trade Agholor an Harry and replace the loss by a draft choice or two. I would think that this is difficult. Counting on Belichick to draft WR rookies ready to step in a be major contributors is a long shot, rather than "not difficult".

aah

That list included cuts and trades that the patriots may or may not make. The cuts didn't include the cost of replacements. In any case, there are NOT $30-$35M of transactions that are "not difficult".

All restructures require permission of the player.

All extensions require negotiations.

Any signing of free agents, or trades, require negotiations, within the framework of this year's free agent market.

For example, I believe that you wanted to trade Agholor an Harry and replace the loss by a draft choice or two. I would think that this is difficult. Counting on Belichick to draft WR rookies ready to step in a be major contributors is a long shot, rather than "not difficult".
Well can't disagree. I should've specified easy sitting behind a computer.

This is from Miguel's Twitter:

Attachments

• 20220329_223857.png
    20220329_223857.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 17
Kind of off topic but would love to see an eyes emoji smiley sometime. Like if we see something interesting on twitter or somewhere else and wanted to post it here as something we should watch - kind of like what you see here:

CC @Ian

I've noted this and I'll see what I can do :)

• ThankU!
Reactions: sb1

Other than Judon, none of those additions deserve to be in the top 10 pay wise.
Agholor and Godchaux are only there because they got their CAP hits deferred to the second year of 2-year deals. Agholor was what - $6 million? - against the CAP last year and Godchaux was like 3.

I would expect that the Pats are trying to extend one or both.

Jonathan Jones at 7.7 isn't overpaid. He's only got a couple of million in guarantees, so he might be a candidate for an extension as well.

In a pinch, Godchaux could be cut, as could Jones (but that would hurt a lot).

Agholor and Godchaux are only there because they got their CAP hits deferred to the second year of 2-year deals. Agholor was what - $6 million? - against the CAP last year and Godchaux was like 3.

I would expect that the Pats are trying to extend one or both.

Jonathan Jones at 7.7 isn't overpaid. He's only got a couple of million in guarantees, so he might be a candidate for an extension as well.

In a pinch, Godchaux could be cut, as could Jones (but that would hurt a lot).
JJ is fine, I should of clarified I meant the new additions.

Looks like more than >$10M. We still need to sign a few more FAs too. Expect several restructures / extensions.

Yeah when I say “could be less” I’m saying it depends on what draft picks are actually used as well as how much wiggle room for injury replacements is desired since Miguel is using a $5M projection. They can also sit on NLTBE bonuses for a while since those will take most of the season to actually be earned, if they all are (they won’t all be), and make money much later in the season to pay what needs to be paid.

Ideally though they should have more room now.

Kind of off topic but would love to see an eyes emoji smiley sometime. Like if we see something interesting on twitter or somewhere else and wanted to post it here as something we should watch - kind of like what you see here:

CC @Ian

Worth “up to $5M” means it’s probably actually around $2-3M before incentives, which most likely means it won’t dock them a compensatory draft pick.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back