PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

I think Meyers will get the second round tender. I think Gunner get the lowest tender, but if he signs elsewhere the Pats get no compensation since he was undrafted.

I agree on Myers.

I don't think that Gunner is worth the lowest tender, and I don't think that we will tender him.

why

Is the NFL its own court system?
Yes it is. We saw that for ourselves with Tom.

Watson has a bunch of civil cases pending and the league will do their own investigation and I'm sure he'll face some kind of suspension.

I'm sure he will face a league suspension though.
For what? No criminal activity. Did Kraft face any punishment after his ACTUAL criminal charges were dropped? DW wasn't even charged.

For what? No criminal activity. Did Kraft face any punishment after his ACTUAL criminal charges were dropped? DW wasn't even charged.

NFL's personal conduct policy isn't tied to any criminal charges from the legal system. They can and will punish players for violating the personal conduct policy even if there are no charges pressed against the player. Being cleared of any criminal charges also doesn't mean Watson is out of the woods completely. He still has many civil suits against him and those have much lower burden of proof.

Yes it is. We saw that for ourselves with Tom.

Watson has a bunch of civil cases pending and the league will do their own investigation and I'm sure he'll face some kind of suspension.
Please list the court cases (criminal and civil) in which Brady was charged.

Please list the court cases (criminal and civil) in which Brady was charged.
My point was we saw for ourselves the NFL can suspend someone for any reason they want. Court case outcome doesn’t matter. There is a much lower burden of proof with the league than in the legal system.

Zeke Elliott was suspended anyway after he was acquitted. There’s no connection between legal discipline and the league’s. I’ll be shocked if Watson isn’t suspended.

Last edited:

That trade looks pretty good. You dump Harry and Agholor. Get back Cooks who isn't 30 yet; he and Bourne on the outside, that's not bad. That's a lot of picks to give up but the Patriots will screw up 60% of those anyway. Watson is a top tier quarterback, a level Jones is not likely to reach. There aren't too many quarterbacks I would prefer over Watson... Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers maybe, and Brady if he were to unretire... that's it really.

If the Patriots made this trade, then they would be right back in the conversation for the division.

NFL's personal conduct policy isn't tied to any criminal charges from the legal system. They can and will punish players for violating the personal conduct policy even if there are no charges pressed against the player. Being cleared of any criminal charges also doesn't mean Watson is out of the woods completely. He still has many civil suits against him and those have much lower burden of proof.
The personal conduct policy doesn't apply to Owners? He can settle the civil suits.

Kraft had criminal charges against him that were dropped over a technicality (he was caught on video and all but admitted in his apology). No suspensions.
Trent Brown had a civil suit against him for assault. No suspensions.
Chung had criminal charges against him that were worked out with SA. No suspensions.
AB had a sexual battery civil suit against him that was settled. No suspensions (for that one).

I think Meyers will get the second round tender. I think Gunner get the lowest tender, but if he signs elsewhere the Pats get no compensation since he was undrafted.

I think because he was an UFA, the LOWEST you can put on Gunner would be a Second. Not sure of that, but iirc, that's the way it works.

That trade looks pretty good. You dump Harry and Agholor. Get back Cooks who isn't 30 yet; he and Bourne on the outside, that's not bad. That's a lot of picks to give up but the Patriots will screw up 60% of those anyway. Watson is a top tier quarterback, a level Jones is not likely to reach. There aren't too many quarterbacks I would prefer over Watson... Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers maybe, and Brady if he were to unretire... that's it really.

If the Patriots made this trade, then they would be right back in the conversation for the division.
God no

It’s not about what you did or didn’t do, whether or not you got caught, x charged, or convicted.
It’s about public relations. That is ALL the NFL cares about.
They will be trading the social media response to this news and that will make their decision

It’s not about what you did or didn’t do, whether or not you got caught, x charged, or convicted.
It’s about public relations. That is ALL the NFL cares about.
They will be trading the social media response to this news and that will make their decision
Then why didn't Kraft receive any punishment? His story was headline news for 2+ years and an embarassment to NFL & Pats.

He got a HJ and then went back next morning to get a HJ/BJ right before flying to AFCCG (not judging).

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back