Alex Redmond - OG
De'Vante Bausby - DB
DJ Daniel - DB
Sean Davis - S
Matt LaCosse - TE
LaRoy Reynolds - LB
Jaylen Smith -TE
Hightower? Or is he retiring?

The patriots don't see the need to secure cap space until they need it. It is really just that simple.

They can agree to a contract with anyone and find the cap money, even for all three plus draftees and the rest of the costs.
Sure. You can say the same thing about any of the 32 teams in the NFL. That's the way things are done: find cap money to sign players.

I'm just listening to what the team owner said in Palm Beach. He's the only one that writes the checks. I just don't think they'll be turning $10-$20M in salaries to guarantees to generate cap money. It'll probably take trading an assett to sign another (Shaq/Parker). That takes time to find a trading partner. The one that makes the most sense from a cap basis and position is Agholor (Harry doesn't generate enough).

I would say that BB knows this is a 6 win team at best and is holding off on pushing additional cap space into the future. The only way I see that BB can create more cap space (without restructuring contracts and pushing the cap hits out to future years) would be to trade Wynn. Maybe a contender has an 8n jury and is need of a tackle, otherwise I doubt anyone wants to take on his 10 mil salary.

Also releasing Meyers before he signs his tender would free up more than 3 mil in cap space.

Last edited:
A lot more than 2 Pats FA remaining..

They forgot the following:

Alex Redmond - OG
De'Vante Bausby - DB
DJ Daniel - DB
Sean Davis - S
Matt LaCosse - TE
LaRoy Reynolds - LB
Jaylen Smith -TE
The article refers to Patriots UFA at the beggining of this season.

The only ones that remain aside from High & Jamie are Redmond & Terez Hall. LaCosse, I believe was released in 2021.

I'm not sure who any of those other guys you listed are, but they weren't Patriots UFA in March.

Cousin,
We did not do enough. Let's not "homer-boy" or sugar coat this. The "definite-maybes" the Team is crossing it's fingers on ........are......definite maybes.
There is talent out there that can win one or two games for the Patriots. That is how I address needed roster adds. Can they help win a game or two? There is no excuse for the front office. Not to blow smake up all of your arses but there are people on this forum who can make JUST as an intelligent choice as any ridiculously paid front office personnel folks, to add some players to make a difference from a decent list still available or........do they in the F.O. hope they are still available this summer. What would you do PatsFans.com GMs?

We've named them in case for the new crew down there. Clowney, Hicks, Ferrell, Suh even Flowers but I smell an injury not disclosed on Trey. How about at OLB? Pass coverage? One of the best is still out there in Anthony Barr (the Cowboys have interest). he had like 5 PBUs and 3 INTS and 72 Tackles to go along with 3 sacks and 8 QB pressures.. You want Barr or Bentley covering a TE or a back on a wheel route?

Think Clowney and Judon and tell me our defense would not be better with this pairing.

Why do the Pats always make it hard for themselves either in the Draft or obtaining name talent.? Seems like the Rams put their chips on the table for some of this talent, CAP be damned. So did the Chiefs........... and it has worked well for those organizations. Ego in being the smartest in the room never works in sports or politics.

Think if the Pats did NOT trade down in this Draft and took the players where they were supposed to have picked.The first three rounds would have been: McDuffie #21, Sky Moore#54 and Marcus Jones #85. Anybody say this is not more appealing?

Said my sermon, so there!
DW Toys
I remember a long time ago BB saying something to the effect that they are building a team, not collecting talent. Might have something to do with Bill's thinking

The article refers to Patriots UFA at the beggining of this season.

The only ones that remain aside from High & Jamie are Redmond & Terez Hall. LaCosse, I believe was released in 2021.

I'm not sure who any of those other guys you listed are, but they weren't Patriots UFA in March.

Was Terez Hall released recently with a Failed Physical designation?

I would say that you should stop posting your ridiculous thoughts, but know that you won’t.

“BB knows this is a 6 win team.”

You are…
View attachment 43152
Let me know the next time they force Buffalo to punt!

Miami beat them twice last year and added Hill and the Pats lost Jackson

Assuming the beat the Jets twice (and that is a big if) Lions, Bears, Browns (only if they are without Watson), where do you see the other wins?

So much for remaining UFAs being available for dirt cheap. That's why I don't believe Bill brings in any top end talented remaining vet. If he can find a reclamation project type then maybe.

Huh.

I personally think The Clown is one of those guys that looks at his Salary, and plays accordingly...
I don't think he's that good WHEN he tries.
He MADE $, he's good to go...

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back