PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Conference Championship Game Thread

Damn just saw it.
Two legit holding no calls

Is that how people fall down normally? With their hands extended out like that instead of using them to break their fall. What an obvious dive.

Is that how people fall down normally? With their hands extended out like that instead of using them to break their fall. What an obvious dive.
And the exaggerated limp after....

Total flop.

Tough play for Ossai. Feel bad for the guy.

Idk. 9 Cin penalties v. 4 for KC. Did it look like that kind of game to anyone?

KC v. Philly. Ugh.

I know it's a penalty but you can't call that in the playoffs. Refs basically decided the win

I know it's a penalty but you can't call that in the playoffs. Refs basically decided the win
no surprise they called that for golden boy after not calling 2 hits on Burrow that meet the criteria for RTP

If you watch Ossai closely on that play or watch it on quarter speed on YT, you will see he hyper extended the hell out of his leg and no one gave a damn:crying:. I have no problem with the outcome of this game. The Bengals converted all kinds of crazy passes this game but couldn't do it in the final minutes or block Chris Jones when it mattered. Chris Jones is known for going sackless in the postseason but look what the Bengals allowed. The Eagles dline would've destroyed the Bengals all day.

I'm sure plenty of Jags fans thought they got robbed that game.
I didn’t like the PI call on Bouye but the Jack call was very close. Putting those aside I cannot make an argument that we were robbed when our number 1 defense blew a ten point point lead in the fourth; and our HC decided to curl into a ball and play scared after three quarters of aggressive play calling

You know rewatching the condensed version of the game, Bungles have nobody to blame but themselves. They had a shot to win it with 2 minutes left and punted it away. Never leave a game to the refs hands
At this level you have two teams that are evenly matched and if one team consistently gets helped by the refs and the other doesn't, the game IS in the ref's hands.

He clearly flopped at the end but he was shoved by Ossai when he was already out of bounds so a penalty was warranted.

Still awaiting evidence of that.

Chances are much greater of him plucking your gonads. Believe it or not, he's handy with a magnifying glass. :evil:
once again, commies make everything about sexuality...

I really don’t like the eagles, but them beating kc would make me feel ALOT better. Bengals truly got robbed

Any truth to the rumours that if the Chiefs lose the Superbowl they'll just have a "do over"?

Any truth to the rumours that if the Chiefs lose the Superbowl they'll just have a "do over"?

If you are referring to the do-over play from last night, one of the refs tried to blow the play dead before it happened. You could see it on video. The problem was no one saw or heard him until the play happened.

Burrows had his chances tonight but could not deliver when game was truly on line and he threw two picks.
Great QB....but not so clutch tonight.
Cin's line was horrible, he's lucky he did what he did. Any semblance of a decent line and Bengals win easily.

once again, commies make everything about sexuality...

What do "commies" and "sexuality" have to do with your teeny tiny gonads?

depositphotos_51155125-stock-photo-green-parrot-with-magnifying-glass.jpg

There were 2 questionable ref calls, the replay of 3rd down and the non-call on Burrow get roughed. If you're gonna call late hit out of bounds on Mahomes, you have to call roughing on Burrow.

Overall, I didn't see anything that tells me the refs were purposely tilting the table.

As for the NFL office, I don't trust them at all. It is total nonsense for a team to not be able to challenge a spot under 2 minutes, but you can challenge it at any time. A bad spot cost Cincy a timeout at the end of the first half, but KC challenged a spot later and had the call overturned. That's a problem with the NFL office, not the refs.

The Eagles are going to lose. There is no way they beat Mahomes.

49ers did a major faceplant yesterday. Just a complete debacle with the quarterback situation. A team like that should not be depending on the likes of Garoppolo, Purdy and Josh Johnson ever again. I don't think the Eagles were even that great, especially Hurts, but it didn't matter because the 49ers played most of the game with essentially no quarterback. And despite what some people say, the quarterback is by far the most important position of a team, so even a "great team" like the 49ers are helpless without a quarterback.

As for the AFCCG, Burrow missed out on his opportunity to overtake Mahomes as the league's top quarterback. For now, Mahomes has solidified that spot even further (although his unforced fumbled made the game close). There's a lot to be said for this game but I'll just go with two items: 1) the officiating was grossly in favor of the Chiefs and 2) Joseph Ossai is a complete moron.

One more comment on the importance of the quarterback debate. The best QB in the NFL over the last 5 seasons has been Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs have played in 5 straight conference championship games with 3 Super Bowl appearances. Not a coincidence (@Wozzy).

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back