PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com Power Rankings

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
For what it's worth, here is NFL.com's power rankings going into the season.

NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Chiefs, 49ers on top at kickoff

Patriots rank: 15
It's unofficially official (ain't it always on Patriot Way?): Cam Newton is the starting quarterback. Newton beat out Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer to claim the job that was effectively his the moment he signed on with New England in July. It's impossible to know if Newton is close to the same guy who won MVP with the Panthers a half decade ago, but he really is the perfect bridge to whatever comes next in New England. One day -- whether it's next year or five years from now -- the Patriots will invest a premium draft pick in a young quarterback. Newton, even if things don't work out in Foxborough, provides a buffer between Tom Brady and the next boy who would be king.

I had a thread start up and got called away. Having come back, I see this one beat mine to post by 3 full minutes. So, if the mods could either delete or merge my thread, that's probably for the best.

Sorry about that, Deus. I obviously had no idea. My bad.

15 sounds about right at the moment.

Would rather not wait “5 years from now” lol

15 sounds about right at the moment.

Would rather not wait “5 years from now” lol
Look, you never know. Miami has been waiting for the next one for the last 20 years. The Jets for 45 years. Let’s hope our ownership and coaching is as good as we think it is, so we don’t end up down that path.

Reactions: sb1
Tompa bay at 13? I guess they’re not a believer but i would put them ahead of the packers, colts, Steelers, Seahawks and other teams on that list. I have seen a lot of hype on the dolts. Why is that? Philip Rivers? Give me a break.

I had a thread start up and got called away. Having come back, I see this one beat mine to post by 3 full minutes. So, if the mods could either delete or merge my thread, that's probably for the best.
You're good. Different topic - yours is for people here to rank the teams, this one is to react to the rankings from NFL.com by @PatsBoy12 and give thoughts, opinions, etc. It works out OK ;)

Tompa bay at 13? I guess they’re not a believer but i would put them ahead of the packers, colts, Steelers, Seahawks and other teams on that list. I have seen a lot of hype on the dolts. Why is that? Philip Rivers? Give me a break.
Best OL in the game, physical up front on defense, good stable of backs. Rivers is actually the only wild card on that team.

Best OL in the game, physical up front on defense, good stable of backs. Rivers is actually the only wild card on that team.

Rivers seems to be becoming more of a puddle every year, though. That issue is going to be something the Colts will have to deal with.

Fiorio has the Pats ranked 4th. Need to play the games to determine how good this team will be

Fiorio has the Pats ranked 4th. Need to play the games to determine how good this team will be

I figured that would bait Patriot haters into whining about it and they didn't disappoint :rofl:

Rivers seems to be becoming more of a puddle every year, though. That issue is going to be something the Colts will have to deal with.
It’s his arm strength from what I can tell. It’s badly deteriorating. Those windows that he used to be able to thread the ball through are closing more and more quickly, and that’s led to some ugly INTs.

New England could be, IMO, anything from a 7-win team to an 11-win team. Hard to see, with this schedule, them winning more than 11, but they could be a below-average team or a really good team. They still have the best coach in the world, the best secondary in the sport, a really good offensive line, and a 31-year old former MVP at QB. That's a lot to work with. They also have a weak WR corps, unknowns at TE, and a lot of youth on defense.

So who the heck knows.

New England could be, IMO, anything from a 7-win team to an 11-win team. Hard to see, with this schedule, them winning more than 11, but they could be a below-average team or a really good team. They still have the best coach in the world, the best secondary in the sport, a really good offensive line, and a 31-year old former MVP at QB. That's a lot to work with. They also have a weak WR corps, unknowns at TE, and a lot of youth on defense.

So who the heck knows.
I'm sticking with 10-6.

I’d put the Packers, Steelers & Seahawks ahead of TB. Not Indy.

I'm sticking with 10-6.
Not buying Buffalo. While I don’t believe NE will be 10-6, I do believe that record would be more than enough for first in the AFCE.

You're good. Different topic - yours is for people here to rank the teams, this one is to react to the rankings from NFL.com by @PatsBoy12 and give thoughts, opinions, etc. It works out OK ;)

Awww.. way to settle this like adults...

I prefer locking them in a steel cage, throw 1 weapon into the center and whoever emerges as the victor gets to keep their thread.

Your way works too, I suppose

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back