PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.COM Patriots set to collapse, One of worst 3 teams in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on coming out of your long coma, but we have some bad news for you regarding changes at the QB position for NE. ;)

No, my eyes are wide open, thank you. We just have a different opinion as to whether Brady was part of the problem or the cure, especially last year. Give me a single game last year in which Brady played a pivotal role in the victory.

As disappointing as the Pats were last year they did finish the season with the 2nd best point differential in the league. 7th in points scored and 1st in points allowed. That is with a banged up OL, no TE's and basically only JE at WR. With Brady gone along with a few pieces on defense there is a lot of uncertainty but if Stidham can produce a 22/14 type year and a few of the recent draft picks take the next step I can see them going 11-5. If not I could see 7-9 but have a hard time believing worse than that.

Imagine how stunned the entire NFL world would be if in the very unlikely scenario we go 10-6 and then go on a magical playoff run and win the superbowl. Honestly? I think I would laugh.

Reactions: sb1
Imagine how stunned the entire NFL world would be if in the very unlikely scenario we go 10-6 and then go on a magical playoff run and win the superbowl. Honestly? I think I would laugh.

I think that would decisively answer the Brady or Belichick question.

I think that would decisively answer the Brady or Belichick question.
I wouldn't even care. I'd be too busy reading other fan forums of enemy teams. That salt, even if we never win another Superbowl again after would be a thing of beauty.

Reactions: sb1
Also, I don't think buffalo will be as good as people think. Buffalo won't go 6-10 but I could definitely see them going 9-7 and being in a dogfight for the division with us.

Also, I don't think buffalo will be as good as people think. Buffalo won't go 6-10 but I could definitely see them going 9-7 and being in a dogfight for the division with us.
I could see Miami contending for the division. I see a lot of the '93 Pats in the '19 Dolphins. They started off very poorly but came together and finished strong.

I could see Miami contending for the division. I see a lot of the '93 Pats in the '19 Dolphins. They started off very poorly but came together and finished strong.
As long as it ain't the Jete.

On paper its hard to argue that patriots do not have proven top tier talent.

How much do scheme and coaching matter in football. They are extremely important and more so than in any other sport.

It is simply I'm possible to predict how Hoyer will fare in his first time starting role. I think it is likely he will have his ups and downs.

However even if they finish at the bottom of the standings, that will give them a chance to replenish their talent pool....so I will not be terribly disappointed.

My expectations are low.

So if everything breaks just "right" we're going to be lucky to beat the Raiders, Broncos, Cardinals, Jets and Miami at home and then lose every single road game? Gotcha.

As their headlines reads...

upload_2020-6-1_17-35-15.jpeg

...With Brady gone along with a few pieces on defense there is a lot of uncertainty but if Stidham can produce a 22/14 type year and a few of the recent draft picks take the next step I can see them going 11-5. If not I could see 7-9 but have a hard time believing worse than that.
Believe, doctor, believe!

...in 6-10...or 5-11...

So if everything breaks just "right" we're going to be lucky to beat the Raiders, Broncos, Cardinals, Jets and Miami at home and then lose every single road game? Gotcha.

As their headlines reads...

View attachment 27467
2-6 on the road...at best...Wouldn't be surprised at 0-8 either...

No, my eyes are wide open, thank you. We just have a different opinion as to whether Brady was part of the problem or the cure, especially last year. Give me a single game last year in which Brady played a pivotal role in the victory.
Especially last year? How many years has the GOAT been part of the problem? You've been hinting at it but the way you framed the question speaks maybe not volumes but speaks something.

I wouldn't even care. I'd be too busy reading other fan forums of enemy teams. That salt, even if we never win another Superbowl again after would be a thing of beauty.
I checked out a bucs forum right after Brady and then again when Gronk were announced they were on the team. The hate is so engrained into their heads that they were still ranting about cheating. I wonder what they'll say if they start winning a lot now?

So you would agree that the BEST case scenario is that they have an average offensive line this year?
Until proven otherwise, they’re average. Sure, they could be good but you’re basing it on a bunch of if’s.

I checked out a bucs forum right after Brady and then again when Gronk were announced they were on the team. The hate is so engrained into their heads that they were still ranting about cheating. I wonder what they'll say if they start winning a lot now?
Honestly, I noticed the opposite. Out of nowhere, some bucs fans were calling him the goat and one even said "I'm so honored Brady chose us...". I think they are fools if they believe they are getting 2007 Tom Brady. The reality is they are probably getting a good QB who will probably show cracks as the season goes along. I don't think Brady plays poorly, but the man is almost 43. I love Brady but do you see him lasting 16 games playing fantastic football? I have my doubts.

Without knowing what we have in Stidham or the rookies, I think you can easily say this is one of the worst teams in football.

Terrible skill position talent.
Questions on the OL (Health of Andrews, what we have in Wynn, Mason and Cannon coming off down years, loss of Scar, etc.)
A defense that faded down the stretch which has now lost 3 starters.

Thanks, I guess I shouldn't waste my time following and watching the Patriots that I have enjoyed for 60 years during the bad and the good times. More bad than good, but that's my team.

...I love Brady but do you see him lasting 16 games playing fantastic football? I have my doubts.
He dosn't need to play fantastic football, just a few degrees better than Famous Jameis football, such as 2019 Brady football...They really need a clock-killer at RB, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back