Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bold NFL predictions: Cowboys roll, Seahawks stumble, Pats collapse

Talking about a hot take...sheesh. I so hope there is a season and if so I can't wait for it to begin so they can shut up the entire league and just do "what the Patriots do" --- WIN.

"This season in Foxborough has 5-11 written all over it. If everything breaks right. I think the Jaguars, Patriots and Giants are the three worst teams in the NFL right now."

Bold NFL predictions: Cowboys roll, Seahawks stumble, Pats collapse

Talking about a hot take...sheesh. I so hope there is a season and if so I can't wait for it to begin so they can shut up the entire league and just do "what the Patriots do" --- WIN.

"This season in Foxborough has 5-11 written all over it. If everything breaks right. I think the Jaguars, Patriots and Giants are the three worst teams in the NFL right now."

With some devastating injuries to the wrong players like Gilmore or if the OL is beat up again like last year who knows. If healthy this team isn’t one of the worst in football. No way no how.

It is not a terrible take at all. This season can easily be 5-11 if Stidham is not ready and we have key injuries.

They labeled it “bold prediction” which usually means something that they acknowledge is unlikely to happen but they want credit if they get it right.

It is not a terrible take at all. This season can easily be 5-11 if Stidham is not ready and we have key injuries.

Schein is saying our ceiling is 5-11 if everything goes right.

With some devastating injuries to the wrong players like Gilmore or if the OL is beat up again like last year who knows. If healthy this team isn’t one of the worst in football. No way no how.

Even a Gilmore injury would not be truly devastating, given the depth they have at that position.

Schein is saying our ceiling is 5-11 if everything goes right.
Where did he say that? He talked about the schedule and the roster and concluded 5-11.

I wouldn't be surprised. This year is going to be a rebuild year. So we take our lumps now and hopefully get better next year. Every team goes through it. We've just been lucky enough to have a dominating dynasty for 19 years with the best QB of all time.

Hopefully Stidham can learn and shows flashes that he can become better. Otherwise we are using a 1st round pick this time next year on a new franchise QB. There's a cycle to everything.

Anyhows calling it a 'collapse' is a bit of a sensationalistic title. It's a rebuild year, I expected sub .500. This is not like an 'unexpected' occurrence considering our offseason and the previous year.

It IS a terrible take and you should be embarrassed that you are defending it. Plus, your reading comprehension sucks. He doesn't mention anything about key injuries. He thinks 5-11 is BEST case scenario.

"The offensive line is average at best."

Everyone should've stopped reading after this line. How many games did Brady in the offense win for the 12-4 Pats last year? Zero games, that's how many. I would be shocked if the offense is worse this year than it was last year, so even with a tough schedule, there's no way that adds up to 5-11. 0.0 chance.

Where did he say that? He talked about the schedule and the roster and concluded 5-11.

"This season in Foxborough has 5-11 written all over it. If everything breaks right."

A.k.a. best case scenario.

It IS a terrible take and you should be embarrassed that you are defending it. Plus, your reading comprehension sucks. He doesn't mention anything about key injuries. He thinks 5-11 is BEST case scenario.

"The offensive line is average at best."

Everyone should've stopped reading after this line. How many games did Brady in the offense win for the 12-4 Pats last year? Zero games, that's how many. I would be shocked if the offense is worse this year than it was last year, so even with a tough schedule, there's no way that adds up to 5-11. 0.0 chance.
Embarrassed? Hardly. More like realistic. We have zero idea what we have at QB and the same crappy offense and a weaker defense with the losses of Van Noy and Collins. I am fine with a rebuild year but apparently your not. Hope you can enjoy the season regardless.

Without knowing what we have in Stidham or the rookies, I think you can easily say this is one of the worst teams in football.

Terrible skill position talent.
Questions on the OL (Health of Andrews, what we have in Wynn, Mason and Cannon coming off down years, loss of Scar, etc.)
Defense that faded down the stretch which has now lost 3 starters.

I wouldn't be surprised. This year is going to be a rebuild year. So we take our lumps now and hopefully get better next year. Every team goes through it. We've just been lucky enough to have a dominating dynasty for 19 years with the best QB of all time.

Hopefully Stidham can learn and shows flashes that he can become better. Otherwise we are using a 1st round pick this time next year on a new franchise QB. There's a cycle to everything.

Anyhows calling it a 'collapse' is a bit of a sensationalistic title. It's a rebuild year, I expected sub .500. This is not like an 'unexpected' occurrence considering our offseason and the previous year.

"This year is going to be a rebuild year."

It drives me crazy when posters on this site state their opinions as as if they are indisputable facts. It is a FACT that nobody knows what this year is going to be until they play the damn games, even their GOAT head coach.

Embarrassed? Hardly. More like realistic. We have zero idea what we have at QB and the same crappy offense and a weaker defense with the losses of Van Noy and Collins. I am fine with a rebuild year but apparently your not. Hope you can enjoy the season regardless.

Fine, I'll be embarrassed for you. We don't know if the office is going to be just as crappy as it was under Brady last year, for all of the reasons stated in multiple other threads. We also don't know that the defense is going to be weaker than it was last year. Apparently you did not watch Collins play the last half of the season.

I watched (or listened to) every damn second of their games when they were 2-14, so I'd be fine with 8-8, as long as they're young players had a good developmental year. That is the worst case scenario in my opinion, absent injuries to multiple key starters.

He said "if everything breaks right" we are 5-11 and by Labor Day he might be ready to predict the Patriots would be bad enough to have the first overall pick next year. He's assuming Stidham is going to run Brady's offense which he isn't.

He is also a die hard Brady fanboy so it's possible he's taking Brady's departure as an absolute catastrophe that cannot be overcome. Can't say I agree with that.

Actually, I believe our defense will be better. I don't really see the loss of Collins as a big deal. We have one of the best defensive backfields in football. The offense has a number of key injuries last year. Nobody knows what will happen the next year, but I am confident.

They have the best secondary in a pass-first league. There's no way they are a bottom-3 team based on that alone.

Regards,
Chris

Fine, I'll be embarrassed for you. We don't know if the office is going to be just as crappy as it was under Brady last year, for all of the reasons stated in multiple other threads. We also don't know that the defense is going to be weaker than it was last year. Apparently you did not watch Collins play the last half of the season.

I watched (or listened to) every damn second of their games when they were 2-14, so I'd be fine with 8-8, as long as they're young players had a good developmental year. That is the worst case scenario in my opinion, absent injuries to multiple key starters.
Be as embarrassed as you want. LOL. As you stated multiple times, we don't know. Hence opinions ... not everyone has yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down